Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does holding it in really get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sir Tokes Alot, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Does holding weed in longer really get you higher I have always wondered this.

2. I read somewhere that all THC is absorbed within first 4 seconds or soemthing like that...

3. i think its even less time than that...

good rule of thumb is just keep it held in for about 5 secs, any longer than that your just depriving yourself of oxygen.

4. yeah you absorbe all the thc within 5 seconds tops

after that it's' all oxygen deprivation which can make you dizzy and even black out

so i guess in essence the dizziness could seem to some people as being "more high" but it's not good for you

why would you want all that extra unnecessary tar and toxins

all though smoking and holding in the smoke for a few seconds is not bad smoking and trying to "ghost" hits does make you lose brain cells because of the lack of oxygen

i'd advise anyone not to do this

thats just my opinion though

you can do waht you want

5. After 7 seconds all of the thc is taken in.
    maybe 5...
    i keep it in for 7...never longer

6. 95% of THC is absorbed in the first second. Happy smoking! :smoke:

7. the THC is all absorbed in 2 seconds.

after that your letting the tar sit in your lungs.

8. i cant bring any science to the table, but when i just have a few hits, holding them in for all they're worth, good or bad, is worth it imo. or attaining the cough of not being able to hold in a massive vapor rip always seems to provoke something more...

9. bingo

10. I just blazed a few bubbler packs and I held it in 3-5 secs each hit.

11. Never held it in longer than 5 seconds. I like my brain cells and would like to keep as many as possible ;)

12. Well, Theres a tokin game me and my buddys do sometimes called 321.
    You take 3 puffs, hold it in and pass, when it gets back take 2 puffs, still
    holding it, then pass, then take the last hit and exhale. It gets me ripped,
    especially with a nicely rolled blunt/joint

13. yeah

coughing helps, too

i always feel stoned as shit after a good cough caused by a fat hit

14. Lmao, me and my friends have a game similar to that called chicago where you hold it in till the blunt or piece gets back to you.