Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does holding in Weed smoke actually make you higher?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sceaspit11, Aug 8, 2012.

1. i've recently been wondering if holding in smoke actually makes you higher, because alot of sources say it does, but i think i might disagree and most i know disagree too, what do you guys think?

2. oh hell yes!!

3. only to a certain point

4. I think the actual chemical processes involved when inhaling marijuana are fairly efficient, meaning they work rather quickly.

Holding in your hit may work to a certain extent, however not likely to any noticeable degree.

5. ^ cktony is correct

6. No it doesn't. cannabinoids are released into the lungs almost instantaneously, holding in smoke for any longer than 3 seconds is harming your lungs for no reason.

7. #10 Hali Hostility, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Of course it does. It gives your lungs more time to absorb the THC.
    After a certain point they can't absorb any more of course, but holding for 2 seconds vs. 10 (ok maybe not 10 but you get it)or so seconds DEFINITELY makes a difference.

Theres no ifs ans or buts about it.
    Its not really a hugely noticable difference but there IS a difference.

I can't believe you guys don't notice the difference.

If i have like ONE snap to my name, i hold that one hit forever ans im definitely higher than I would have been if i had only held it for a second or two..

8. It gets ya on the goony aye cuz

9. That's called slight oxygen deprivation - gives you a small head rush, thinking you're getting higher. By the time it fades, you're higher than during the onset, thus perpetuating this myth.

10. ....:confused:come again?

11. Everyone I know holds theirs roughly the same amount of time which is 3-5 secs

12. :rolleyes:No no no, thats if you hold that shit for like 20 seconds.
    Thats different. Thats definitely not what i meant, you get that feeling IMMEDIATELY after you hit it, you don't feel the actual HIGH immediately after you take a hit, once the high actually takes effect, there IS a difference in strength...

13. I do like 5 usually, but thats for like a rotation or somethin, when i only have a tiny bit I hold it for like 7 or 8ish..

14. [quote name='"Hali Hostility"']
    :rolleyes:No no no, thats if you hold that shit for like 20 seconds.
    Thats different. Thats definitely not what i meant, you get that feeling IMMEDIATELY after you hit it, you don't feel the actual HIGH immediately after you take a hit, once the high actually takes effect, there IS a difference in strength...[/quote]

What part of orange county and I get what your saying cause if I'm down to the last of my weed n I have just a lil bowl I'll hold it in and I think it works but I only hold it in when its a small bowl but even then it's not too long .......

But for a regular hit i hold 2-4 seconds

15. How do you measure the strength of the high?

I think it has to do with the extra tar buildup in your lungs, decreasing your oxygen intake, making you feel higher. So in a sense, yes you're higher, at the cost of slightly healthier lungs.

If I smoke a cigarette while I'm high, I feel higher. Similar idea - oxygen deprivation, but enhanced.

16. Garbage Grove:pjk it's really not that bad...
    Where are you at?:smoke:

Yeah the difference is pretty minimal for just regular tokin, but when you're down to nothin that shit makes all the difference in the world:p

17. Just the strength of the high ya know? I know when i'm kinda high and then I know when i'm like... HIGH.

I understand what you're saying about the whole oxygen thing but this whole THC absorbtion thing is a fact I promise you, Your lungs do absorb more of it past 3 seconds.