Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does holding in vapor make you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Immune21, Jul 11, 2010.

1. This rules way too confusing for me, to each his own.

2. Yea haha, everyone just do whatever you're comfortable with :smoking:

3. that is true, you won't get brain damage from ghosting vapes but you can still get into the early stages of oxygen deprivation which just isnt good. as soon as you inhale a breath of air its absorbed into your blood stream then excreted as carbon dioxide by the cells. so if you hold your breath for 30+ seconds with vape or smoke or anything you still have the chance of getting oxygen deprivation even when you take those little breaths of air because the previous oxygen you inhaled would be carbon dioxide so youd be holding in carbon dioxide for a hell of a long time with a tiny bit of oxygen with each little breath in between.

4. oh yeah, i definitely won't recommend holding your breath for 30 seconds straight and shit but like two 10-12 second "split hits" should be perfectly fine i think.

5. usually you do about 10 seconds holding then 2 split hits then exhale which is fine, nothing would happen (except if you hold 10 seconds then split hit then hold for another 10 seconds and so on haha) except feeling damn good :smoke:

6. Wait..

I guess you have to hit my Buddha to understand that's not really an option. :)

I thought you weren't supposed to exhale visible vapor because it was a waste of THC?

They exhale and inhale, taking in a completely new breathe.

If this is how you justify it to yourself then couldn't I say that the oxygen you inhale is going to stay at the top of your throat so it's probably not going to get absorbed anyway?

Just pointing out where I'm confused here.

7. #27 TwztedElegance, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
    Why cant you do that on da Buddha? Take a hit just like you usually do until your lungs are almost full, then inhale some air at the end which will also push the vapour deeper inside where it can do some good. Wait 10-12 seconds, and instead of exhaling everything out, exhale just a bit out and replace with a deep breathe of fresh air... idk about the oxygen staying on the top, but i'm sure oxygen absorbs way easier than vapour, and also it'll go deeper than that vapour coz by then some of the vapour deeper inside will have absorbed so when you take a deep breathe again you will push everything deeper than before so the new air should go deeper than where the earlier vapour was.

Oh and the reason there will be an empty space left inside the lungs is coz you will be holding your breathe so once some vapour absorbs since you wont be replacing it with new vapour then coz you're still holding your breath, there will be some empty space representing unused lung capacity and hence when you once again exhale out some vapour and deeply inhale fresh air it will go deeper inside as compared to where the original exhaled vapour was coz the empty space will be used, and will hence be absorbed better and help with supplying oxygen.

idk if you are getting what i'm saying exactly, i'm pretty baked too so.. and haha the shark thing was just a silly analogy haha not a serious one to be taken word by word. like how they pop up for a quick breathe of fresh air, you can exhale a bit quickly and breathe a bit :|

8. ahaha, if anyone could ghost a da buddah there lungs would have to be GIGANTIC and be able to hold there breath for like 6 mins without dieing :p

9. I just meant ghosting in general, Da Buddha produces bong-like vapor hits that are nearly impossible to ghost.

10. oh hahaha i gotta hit one sometime then

11. @ TwztedElegance. theres no way you could ghost a "proper" da buddah hit. even if you split hit there is WAY to much vapor to hold in and ud end up passing out before theres no vapor left

12. Definitely, I cough more from that than my bong.

13. #33 TheColonel, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
    Yes.

I don't subscribe to the diminishing returns hypothesis. Smoke or Vapor, hold it in. I'll exhale smoke after 10-15 just because of the tar and pah's, but vapor I'll hold as long as I possibly can.

If anybody's got Robert Connell Clarke's book, Hashish!, on page 270 under the heading, "Smoking Efficiency" he writes:
    Shotgun anyone?

Your lungs get used to it after a short time. If you're out of shape or have weak lungs, there's no need to make yourself uncomfortable trying to get high. Kind of defeats the purpose. Just hold it as long as you need to.