Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Holding in Bong tokes really work??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ghost_Toker, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Does Holding in Bong tokes really work?? I have like 4-5 differnt groups of friends and some say that if u hold ur bong tokes in for a while it makes u get more high? And some don't? I personnaly like it when i dont hold in cause it looks like more smoke when u exhale..

Feedback please on if this is a fact that holding in Marijuana smoke for a longer perioid of time causes more THC intake into the lung.

2. when you hold in the smoke it allows more time for the thc to be absorbed, however i hear the maximum time you should hold it in is like 5 seconds or so

3. Well, yeah.

The longer you give your lungs to absorb the THC, the more you will get. To an extent.

Somewhere between 3-6 seconds is probably good.

Also, you'll probably look cooler actually holding in your hit.

4. Most of the THC is absorbed within the first 4-6 seconds. Some people may feel like they're getting more of a buzz when they hold it in for absurd periods of time. This feeling is actually the brain running out of oxygen.

5. LOL just the way I like my highs deprived of oxygen :)

6. oxygen deprivation theory = good info

7. thats a waste of weed, why wouldnt you take it down to your lungs, who cares what it looks like when you exhale, its not getting you high unless it gets to your lungs, and holding it in extra long dosnt work supposedly.

Also its not just bongs that this works for, it could be anything

8. Holding in a bong hit for a long time gives you a quick headrush. Many confuse this with being more high. ^Listen to these ppl.

9. Yeah like the others said, you should only hold it in for no more than 5 seconds, after that pretty much all of the thc has absorbed and any more just lets the smoke mess up your lungs more. The reason you feel more of a buzz if you hold your breath is from the feeling of oxygen deprivation. If you enjoy that buzz feeling, just hold in your hit for like 3-5 seconds blow it out then hold your breath for awhile, that way you get the smoke out of your lungs before you do it. Remember to breath again though. And don't do anything stupid and try to choke yourself people die from doing that all the time.

10. Oxygen deprivation WTF! I rather deprive my brain from oxygen to feel it longer then to take 3-4 hits just blowing smoke out...never gonna feel it might as well smoke cigarettes