Does high taxes on recreational weed from January mean this is the best time to buy a medical card?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by highflysky, Dec 4, 2017.

1. #1 highflysky, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    I live in Oakland, California. And right now, the only thing I'm worried about is the high taxation on recreational cannabis from next year.
    I've been thinking about buying a medical marijuana card for quite some time now. Would now be the best time to do that?

2. #2 Moemedical, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Oregon, California?

Edit: oh Oakland makes a lot more sense lololol but I honestly can’t help you on this one I don’t live in Cali

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. hehe

4. Buying weed in California is about to get less risky and much more expensive.California claim that the high taxes give illicit vendors the upper hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah, higher taxes could actually be counter-productive to the entire legalization movement itself.

6. Yh but in california you can legally grow your self and your grow is protected by law. So I'd say grow your own if you want a lot of weed lol

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It all depends on where you live in California, it can be different in any city or county. My city won't have shops so I'll have to drive to the county where I will be able to buy rec or medicinal. They, the local council, will attach what ever tax rate to it they want for either. City will only let you grow indoors but you can have six outdoors in the county. $50 for a card is worth it until this all gets straightened out in the next year or two.

8. Yes exactly. The only solution right now is to have medical card. The high taxes, low THC content and less amount of cannabis for recreational users is set back what we have voted for.