Does heaven get boring?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by KingOfThatHill, Aug 13, 2011.

1. I think that if heaven is something like an eternal church service, it would be very boring within minutes of being there. It would, within a few hours, turn into hell :eek:

I do not believe any sort of heaven would be anything like that...

2. Yes....I can say Im not a Christian....but if Heaven is there...I'd say a humans definition of 'boring' would immediately become totally irrelevant....

3. Have to experience pain to ever be able to appreciate its opposite....I would hope it'd feel like being on X....foreverrrrr

4. it's always seemed weird to me that Jesus didn't believe in going to heaven but Christians do

5. this made me start to question the idea of heaven being a 'place'

In Buddhism they believe in heaven in the same sense of Christians except your stay there is decided by your Karma which i think could exist and is more reasonable

I tend to lean towards heaven being a state of mind ultimately achieved, i view it this way more because of personal expirances during meditation, sometimes something will just come over you and the world around you just seems to click

it also feels like your getting a nice fucking body high from a nice hit of nug

6. It's the same in Hinduism, but those places that you go to, that you stay for a karmically predetermined time, are "heavenly" worlds and realms, but they are distinct from "heaven".

Just to clarify the things I've said about heaven in this thread. Heaven is not a place, it's inside you and all around you. Enlightened men and women throughout the ages have reached heaven while still living on earth and in their physical bodies. Heaven is a state of consciousness, an altering of your sense of identity from your little body, to your cosmic body, you reach oneness with and identification with universal Spirit. That is the true heaven.

Then you have heavenly worlds, that more closely resemble the idea of heaven that people get in their minds when considering the subject. The universe is extremely vast, there are many many populated planets and regions. Some of the planets are populated with a mix of good and bad people, with a corresponding mix of good and bad conditions, based on the karma of the people who inhabit that planet, Earth is such a place. There are also much worse worlds than this earth, places that resemble hell, demons may even exist in some of them. Those with extremely bad karma may reincarnate for a time on those planets, but once their karma says so, they die on those planets and are reincarnated somewhere else, most likely to a another place of mixed good and bad like this Earth in order to continue their spiritual evolution.

Then there are planets full of beauty and goodness. People on this earth who are meditative or otherwise accumulate much good karma will reincarnate in a heavenly astral world after death. There is no disease or suffering on such planets. You can materialize whatever you desire by your will power. The beauty of these places is said to be almost unimaginable when compared to even the most beautiful things possible on the physical realm. Worlds like this are still ruled by the laws of karma and reincarnation though. You only stay there until your karmically predetermined time to leave. Then you again reincarnate on a physical earthly type of place. The cycles of death and rebirth are inescapable until you reach enlightenment, liberation. The term liberated comes from the fact that you are no longer shackled to the wheel of karma and rebirth. You are free. That is the true heaven. It is beyond any created realm or planet. Whoever reaches that place (which can happen while you are living, since this "place" is inside of you) is truly free. You can then inhabit any planet in the universe you wish to, or you can merge into the sea of Spirit which is beyond any created realm, or you can keep reincarnating on this Earth over and over and over, just for the purpose of helping your fellow brothers and sisters who still roam in the wastelands of delusion. No matter what you do though, you will forever be in "heaven". When Jesus was being crucified on the cross, he looked at his persecutors with complete love and sympathy, and he prayed for them. Jesus could do that because he was in heaven. The pains of the physical body did not affect his inner consciousness from being in a state of bliss and peace. Once you reach the inner heaven no one and nothing will ever be able to take you out of it.

7. lol..I have reached this 'place' without drugs, btw...I can immediately recollect it, but not put myself back 'there'...so in that way...no one can take that away....

But to remain in that state...I would be considered 'manic' and thrown in the hospital again....so I'd rather just be in tune with now on this earth...rather than being in some other state before I die...Now if I were going to live as a monk...thats a different story...thats not my path though

8. I've had that experience, as well. I've tried to learn how to use that way of thinking/being/experiencing in a way that is socially acceptable. It helps that the people in my life think of me as very smart, so as long as I don't talk to them about things too much I'm ok, it seems.

9. well you just watch it Mr!.....

I find several days with no sleep a hinderance to my schedule..lol...although I have often wondered when in that state if there is a time the brain no longer needs that....

Has anyone (in history) ever achieved non-sleep permanently? shhh...I dont know if I want to know..lol...and yes..I know google is my friend...

10. if a person can never get tired of thinking about going there, they're probably simple-minded enough to stand it for as long as it takes. i doubt there are many people alive today that would have hatched this idea on their own if it hadm't been drilled into their head by every facet of society from before they could even speak.

11. Whatever paradise or heaven you believe in probably wouldn't have the experience of time; minutes could be days or days could be decades etc etc. And I'd think it wouldn't be a matter of boring or fun, but more like eternal awareness, bliss, acceptance....or you just die and nothing happens :(

12. as above so below. ever heard that saying?

you can interpret it in alot of ways. like what happens there, happens here. its the bridge between the heaven and the earth, solid and liquid, the visible and the invisible. its about the oneness of all, and the connection between spirit and matter.

point being there is no ice cream factory in heaven, and time doesnt progress in a linear fashion as we see it here. there will be no boredom, no reflective thinking, just unity.

philosophers stone may interest you heres a link. Philosophers Stone, Alchemy - Crystalinks

The Stone as a Spirital Metaphor: "In this hermetic side of alchemy, the "philosopher's stone", supposed to to be the most tangible and dense crystalization or condensation of a subtle substance, became a metaphor for an inner potential of the spirit and reason to evolve from a lower state of imperfection and vice (symbolized by the base metals) to a higher state of enlightenment and perfection (symbolized by gold). In this view, spiritual elevation, the transmutation of metals, and the purification and rejuvenation of the body were seen to be manifestations of the same concept. "

this applies to spirituality, and peoples skepticism of tangible objects on earth as they may appear in heaven.
    ((materia firma= latin for first material. meaning our, and everythings substance. btw))

13. #35 KingOfThatHill, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I honestly just read this. Very interesting :p I'll check out that link, it's all new to me.

14. Why would heaven, get boring if it's heaven?

15. Me either, bro. I have know idea what he is talking about right now

16. Boredom doesn't exist in heaven!

17. This is exactly what I was thinking when reading this thread. We do not keep our level of consciousness when we die most likely so we think on a different level. Mortal concerns about the question of our existence would finally be addressed.