Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does having mild brain damage cause weed to lose its effect?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by crystal ship, Dec 17, 2009.

1. In curiosity. If I were to experience mild brain damage through loss of brain cells through whatever reason. Would that stop weed from effecting the brain as much due to the receptors being on these cells?

2. Depends on what cells you loose.

3. What cells would these be?

4. Cannaboid receptors, located in the left part of your prefrontal cortex. I doubt those could be damaged by anything other than bad cannaboids.

5. None of us can answer this question with any degree of certainty. There is no research on the subject that I've ever encountered.

6. I don't think so. I knew this dude named spook and he was pretty dumb ( in and out of jail, skip work to smoke bud, failed 3 drug test in a row and went back to jail etc) he got in a bad car wreck when he was younger and it caused brain damage. He even got money from the state because he was disabled. He get high and you could always tell that he was. I mean he smoked a lot 5 to 10 blunts a day and always start laughing and get all half eyed. Nice guy just screwed up a lot

7. #7 crystal ship, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    What would these cannaboids be? Like synthetic ones found in legal highs? Because I've had regretable experience with them and I don't want to have damaged recepetors (some of the the stuff sprayed on these blends are 700% stronger than natural thc, but i just guess they use very little of it)

8. He was just speculating about the cannabinoids... and I doubt there is such a thing as a damaging cannabinoid.

To say something is 700% stronger than thc doesn't mean much of anything in that context. LSD is many times more potent than thc.. so what. All that means is that you take less to experience an effect. That's gotta be a bullshit statistic though considering that legal highs are nowhere near as effective as thc even if you smoke til your lungs collapse.

It would make more sense if thc were 700% stronger than the active ingredient in legal buds.

9. so basically these receptors cant be damaged or worn out? not even by synthetic cannaboids or brain damage?

10. I have to assume that they can be... they're alive and thus susceptible to wear and tear just like the rest of the human body. Maybe they heal or regenerate... I have no clue. I think this is a question that hasn't yet been answered due to the legal restrictions on cannabis research.

11. I agree. There are cannabinoid receptors all over your body, they can be destroyed like anything else but they're so plentiful that I doubt brain damage would change it.

12. im assuming you havent smoked/heard of spice gold..

supposedly it lasts many more hours than thc, and has a very strong indica effect. on the contrary it has bad side effects, causes cancer, and its tolerance builds very quickly.

13. Your assumption is correct. That's probably the first time I've ever said that on this forum. I would never pay anything for a legal high. Now if you offered it to me for free, I'd be all over it... but never... ever ever ever would I pay a cent for something that attempts to mimic the drug I love so much and costs so much more.

14. If you experienced enough brain damage to lose function in your entire endocannabinoid system, it would certainly not be mild. You would also have trouble in bed, as CB1 receptors are critical in reproductive organs. You don't have anything to worry about, except that you have mild brain damage. Weed works through so many different systems and affects a wide range of neurotransmitters, and it is a very redundant system, meaning there is plenty of backup in case it gets messed up.

15. Can this tolerence go down though by means of a tolerence break?. Becasue I heard spice gold and thc have a cross tolerence effect