Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Grinding Waste It?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TylerAlfrejd, Sep 23, 2013.

1. So I got an 8th, of the really good stuff and it only takes one little chillum full to get me ripped. Im scared to grind it though cause i don't wanna go through it faster I just pick it off the bud. Should I grind it up or just keep slowly picking it off?

Dont hate on the chillum, I love that little thing

2. I always grind up my bud but I smoke it out of bongs or Js. Get yourself a good grinder and build up some keef like in my profile picture

3. Why cant you grind a small piece then put it in the chillum..?

4. technically it does take a good amount of thc off the buds, but doing it for one bowl pack won't hurt you. I use to buy an oz and grind it all up and end up with fuck loads of kief.

5. Been picking off the bud too but I feel like I may use more than I need to get high since the bud may be dense. I say grinding is better since you really know you know? Get yourself a nice 3 piece or even a 2 piece if keif doesn't matter to you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Fixed it.

7. Grinding is the way to go.

Dat kief!

8. Grinding, I actually think it helps me conserve bud somehow.

9. Small amounts are fine to grind as long as you smoke it up right away. Grinding large amounts and letting it just sit there and dry out for days is not good.

10. Why do you have a grinder if you don't want to grind up bud or an 1/8 of dank?

If your worried about it being less potent or taking off trichomes…

"i use small 3cm metal siccors perfect to break down bud just as good if not better than a grinder. i dont worry about that kind of stuff tho… just a thought tho.

11. Usually when I grind up my weed it gives me more than I excpect from a little bud

12. Does grinding the bud ruin the potency?

#RedEyeClub

13. if you have 2.0 of bud and grind it up you still have 2.0 of bud. Hahah but you can load a lot more at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Obviously some trichs are lost when grinding or kief wouldn't exist. However, its better to catch all those trichs rather than ruin them or lose them by touching all over the bud with your oily hands.

---------------------------------------
    Smoke On!

15. #15 skeetskeeter, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
    I don't think it really matters, I get just as high ahaha :hippie:

16. The oils on your fingers can dissolve some of the crystals.  Grinding is always better.