does greyhound search you/bags

Discussion in 'General' started by 420ishere, Nov 25, 2009.

1. i gotta move (made a thread on real life stories)but i got paraphenila with me and i gotta bring my 6 year old bong and my other bong =\ anyways im wondering if greyhound will look threw my bag (i was gonna fold my clothing over my bong and stick it in with clothing or in a shoe box with packing supplys (bubble wrap and peanuts lol)
    and throw it in a duffle bag but! im nervous if they/ll look threw my bag
    and see a cleaned bong and stuff but then be like oh he has weed on him and search my ass down hard (even though i wont have any weed on me :rolleyes:) so my question is
    will they search threw my suitcase?

EDIT: im not a drug deal nor a criminal i just dont want my
    move to be more stressful then i want it to be (i have a car but its a piece and wont make a long drive)

2. I doubt it, never saw anybody being searched at the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC, or in any terminals of the other states that I visited.

3. I live in canada and i take the Grey Hound equivalent (Red Arrow) once a month and have *NEVER* been searched or had my bags searched. However, i can't speak for Grey Hound specifically.

4. I never have but I wouldn't take my word 100%...if you have an absolutely clean bowl could you just say it's for tobacco or will they try and confiscate it? maybe even a fine? I never thought about it

5. I live in Alberta, have rode the greyhound many times, and I've never seen
    them search anything or anybody.

6. nah they dont do that yet. Theyre waitin for someone to fuck up bad with a shitload of crack to ruin it for all us innocent potheads

7. in austin at the greyhound bus terminal they run dogs through the bag compartment underneath the bus, so you better make sure its real clean cuz they may do it there too. good luck with the move

8. I'd think as long as everything is cleaned, your good to go regardless.

9. You crossing state lines?
    the boarder might, but in-state not a chance buddy

10. I don't remember how many pounds it was, over 5 I'm sure, but I know someone who sent them via Greyhound less than a year ago because their car broke down on the way back to town with it. Nothing happened except I got my weed the next day.

11. I took a Greyhound home for Thanksgiving and they didn't search me at all. I had like a bag of weed and some hash in the bag, as well as a pipe... so...

I think you're good to go. Just make sure the bong is cleaned out so it doesn't smell badly.

12. yes they do,,i took a bus from dallas texas to lafyette indiana,and they were doing random searches,and had a drug dog walking arounbd,,i had about a half ounce on me,and scared the fuck outtra me
    they didnt search me,,but they did others
    its a roll of the dice,,maybe u should clean em ,and mail them yo yaself

13. I don't think Greyhound searches, but it would be a good idea to smell-proof everything to be safe

14. How far are you going?
    Last time I took Greyhound, they don't check you or go through your bags. Unless you're sketchy or somethin'.
    And clean your piece good, I don't think you'll have a problem. ;)

15. I've never been searched on Grey Hound, but as others have said - sometimes they bring drug dogs through.

You said your bongs are going to be clean... But then you run into the problem of paraphernalia. Some states consider certain pipes to be paraphernalia, regardless of whether you use them for tobacco or weed. You would need to check each state that you'll be passing through to make sure your bongs aren't considered paraphernalia (otherwise you could face serious prison time if caught).

If you don't want to put forth all that effort... Simply clean them out REALLY good, and mail them to your new address.

16. #16 cookgan, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I had some new info, and this is the first post that comes up on google.

I have been riding greyhound for years since my early teens, never been searched before.

However, I was leaving the terminal in Ontario, and they were searching carry on. My dumbass packed my (empty) bowl in my backpack, and I forgot about it. They also took my ecig liquid ("There might be drugs in it"), my charcoal filter. Luckily I packed everything else in my luggage, and my weed was in my underwear.

There were 3-4 pipes that had already been taken by the time I got there, and someone else had their weed taken, and the cops called.

So learn from me, keep all herbal items in your luggage from now on, and smoke everything before you get on. I guess they are starting to look out for it now :/