Does God have conscious thought?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Grandma Gudenhi, May 12, 2011.

1. "The singularity," "energy," "God." All different words describing the same thing.

He/it does not "create" things out of "nothing." This is the misunderstanding of "creation." Everything which springs forth from the source is THE VERY NATURE of the source itself.

2. I really dont know either lol, just assuming there is a singularity because, it make some sense.

3. #43 KirbyPuckett, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    So the source is the actual "god" (your saying energy/matter and the laws come from the source right?), and existence is it's manifestation. If they are not separate, we would not exist. And if the source gave us all of it at the same time, it seems to have known what it was doing.. just my opinion though.

Let me use your definition of "god":

God is the mechanism in which all things are done.

This mechanism (source) really knew how to get things done IMO. lol.

4. It is not exactly accurate to say we are the same, nor to say we are different.

It is our nature. We are its nature.

Energy, matter, and the laws are aspects of the source, ways of looking at and understanding it.

5. Without feedback the singularity is isolated. the 'god',source, whatever, receives feedback but gives none in return because, we are a manifestation of its self organization. Organization come before awareness/consciousness.

6. I would say its an ever-flowing cycle of giving and receiving "feedback." I put something out, God feeds it back to me, which causes me to give feedback to that, etc. to infinity

7. 'God' [FONT=&quot]cannot be experienced because, God is isolated. Yet is ingrained in everything.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

8. Yes, but we can agree this source is separate from us, yet connected through energy (IMO). Are you saying that all the laws of the universe, including ALL matter and energy (which is infinitly growing) has always existed? I don't really understand your approach? Can you word it simpler?

9. My theory is in my thread "what am i"? its kind of long

10. I do think we can attempt, and come rather close, to experiencing god though (If it weren't for our damn ego. lol) But in reality, you are only 1 with god after death. (when your soul, or energy, dissipates into the air/soil) This is just my belief though.

11. Ok. We are connected through "energy." "Energy" is GOD. The source itself

12. Think of God as pure information or data. Formless power. God has no change, decay or death.

13. #53 KirbyPuckett, May 19, 2011
    Ok cool. We agree, but back to matter then. Doesn't this mean the source also created it, along with all the laws of the universe? to me, it seems that requires conscious thought, but I'm really not sure. Like ete said, I'll just have to accept the unknown IS god (the source), and existence is its creation.

14. As I've already said, matter, and the laws, are the nature of the source. The source is the nature of matter and the laws.

15. Basically, God emanates from everywhere to everywhere and beyond. Physical world or spirit world(if there is one)

16. You KNOW the UNKNOWN through that which you KNOW

17. So we can agree the source is separate from nature? Cause I got the impression from you the source IS nature, which is technically true, but they must be separate in my eyes for nature to exist.

18. #58 ete23, May 19, 2011
    I agree its isolated from Creation but not separate. Are we being absorbed or expanding into space/time kind of thing. Works either way.

19. The source of energy creates reality. If it was reality, all we'd have is energy IMO

ete: your right. separate was a terrible term to use. isolated was much better. Thank you. :)

20. The only separation that exists is the separation that you create