Does Elavil have any recreational value?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TenMac, Dec 4, 2009.

1. I came across my dad's stash of meds and all I could find that interested me was Amitryptaline (sp)

I looked it up and its a SNRI, but also has some anxiolytic effects. Its also used as a sleep aid.

Anyways, I have no drugs, weed or anything for the night and I will sure sniff on a couple of these to try them out. Has anybody have any experience with this? Is there any sort of high to it at all?

2. No they're not recreational at all, and definitely DO NOT snort them. If anything if you took a few it might make you drowsy. They're antidepressants.

3. Really? Raiding a medicine cabinet and railing the first thing you find?

-rep

4. I read up some reports on erowid about this and from what I gathered it makes you sleep..

I take my time to learn about things first before I decide if I give a shit to snort it or not, hence this thread. Whatever interests me is no reason for you to judge on, Skum, I appreciate you getting riled up about my own decisions on my own body, and it shows you have some concern, but you can fuck off to hell for all I could care.

5. For real. What is wrong with people these days? Karmas gonna be a bitch to you OP by the way.

6. Nah I'm sure I will be fine...

7. Does this sound like fun to you?

Erowid Experience Vaults: Amitriptyline & Cannabis - Astral Trip - 65161

8. Why don't you just try going sober for a while instead of stealing drugs from your dad that he might actually need?

If it's a drug he takes daily, and he ends up with a few missing because of you, it might have some serious effects on him both physically and mentally. That's just plain mean and disrespectful to your dad.

Stop being selfish and just go without for a while... :rolleyes:

9. Go break your leg, I'm sure you'll get some codones for it.

10. #10 TenMac, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
    Firstly, I don't have any cannabis, if I did I wouldn't consider the elavil. I'm just a curious guy with a lot of time on my hands as it happens.

Secondly, if you think Im crazy enough to take 225mg of this then it just shows how much you don't know about me and makes your judgmental opinions even more irrelevant to me. With any drug, I know the safe dosage ranges to take for my experience, and to me 225mg is asking for something else.

Thridly, I don't read 1 erowid report and conclusively base my decision off of it. So nitpicking a report and showing it to me is
    completely pointless.

edit: Fourthly, I made this thread to gauge the rec value of this drug among other blades, after my own reading of various information on it. Your extra effort to act like a hardass wasn't necessary.

Again, I'm sure I will be fine but thanks anyways.

11. lollll

12. It just seems childish and immature to me. Drugs are meant to be used, not abused. And if you're so malcontent with the idea of sobriety that you decide to steal a medication from your father that he might actually need just to shove it up your nose, then I don't think drugs are for you.