Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does eating ruin your high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I was thinking, and I feel like when I eat, my high goes away faster than if I didn't eat anything. Anyone else experience this?

2. Yes same here

3. What is going on is that cannabis lowers your blood sugar which can lead to dizziness and feeling woozie. Since cannabis only lowers your blood sugar a bit, this woozieness blends in with your high. When you eat, your blood sugar levels are returned to normal, reducing the slightly woozie feeling!

Also eating redirects your blood flow away from the brain and down to the stomach. Less blood to the brain = less THC activating those darlin' CB1 receptors in your brain that get you high!

Granny

4. You took what I was going to say, and made it sound way better! :hello:

This information is correct! :smoking:

5. This was very easy to understand, love having you around Granny :smoking:

6. I try to have a full stomach before my sessions to not get hungry. I still get hungry but I remind myself that I just ate.

7. I know this is true, but I still munch out everytime I get high. My munchies weren't so bad but ever since I started vaping I've been getting mad munchies, like I'll eat a full course meal before and my stomach will start growling if I don't start munching.

8. Smoking and not having munchies is fucking pointless

9. I just smoke an extra bowl or two if it’s before dinner so my high is not hurt by eating too much ,
    Eating first is best bet IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Thanks for the succinct explanation. Helped a lot.

• Like Like x 1