Does DWC decrease flowering time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dsourman, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hello,
    My deep water culture babies grew faster and are larger than the soil babies I started around the same time. Will the DWC crop finish before the soil crop???

[​IMG]

2. No, DWC only really helps in veg. The time it takes for a plant to mature doesnt change depending on medium. but the time saved on veg is worth it.

3. you can get through your veg cycles much quicker..but the flowering time will depend solely on genetics (assuming you dont do anything to stunt growth or prolong flower time)

4. I have stressed here quite a bit although she still looks great.
    How long can a bit of stress prolong flowering?? :)

5. Well depending on how high of stress but if you top too much or heat stress or ph and nute stress.. Toping stress could stunt for a week or so but if it was stressed by locking out it varies on how quick you realized this and corrected the problem with flushing and what not.. Hope this helps my friend and Grow On.

6. Thanks Hydro,
    The stress my sour diesel babies have had is all from to much and to little nutes. I can see now that the kind of stress can determine different outcomes. First I gave them a double dose of nutes, but flushed immediately when I noticed a problem. Then after the flush I guess I didn't get nutes right and they became deficient in mag and other stuff probably. I think now I have corrected the issue and am more confidant on the amount of nutes to give them and when. We will see they are starting week 9. :)

I was wondering if you could please tell me when to water and how to deal with nutes on my new coco coir grow? I just started 4 babies in 3 gal. pots coco and perlite, and am really nervous that I will kill them.

7. dwc should have a bigger yield than soil also

i think u water coco just like soil when soil is dry and allow 30% runoff

8. thats correct bongboi, however those 3 gal coco pots with perlite will hold water a bit longer than most soil mixes. also make sure there is runoff every time with the coco and allow time for the pots to feel light n dry before watering again. Most brands of coco are very well rinsed and have no salt content but coco does hold onto salts through time. its very important to give your babies a very mild dose of nutrients right away since the coco holds no macro or micronutrients. follow a regimen of plain water/ feed/plain water/ feed or mix a lower dose of nutrients around 400-500 ppm and feed/feed/water and stick to that. A normal dose of any calcium/ magnesium supplement weekly or bi-weekly will also help tremendously in coco. good luck!