does drake piss u off too?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by S.F. Sage, Jun 13, 2009.

1. #81 BlackFlaggin420, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
    Fuck him. Rap is dead. Hopefully metal can come to the forefront.

We miss biggie and Pac.

Cory Gunz from The Bronx is ballin right now. His shit is fire.

2. Doesn't piss me off more than Lil Weezy da bitch.....bitch made fool. Got in the game by having sex with birdman now he get's on any track he wants cuz idiots have a cult following to his shitty lyrics.

3. i just listend to a couple of his songs and i must say it is garbage. i remember when rappers were a bunch of ill ass motherfuckers that didnt smile, and you definitely didnt want to fuck with. their rhymes actually rhymed. the beats were sampled funk with their twist on it.. rap/hip hop has gone down mountain since tupac and biggie died..

4. hip hop is not dead
    the thing is most people go in with this approach
    "drake? the same dude from degrassi? the jewish kid? waynes ghostwriter?"
    with that thinkin, ur never bound to give the man a chance. u already have a preconcieved notion that hes gunna suck and that hes just like wayne. theres no convincing at that point. people do it without even realize. like the one dude in here goes yeah i didnt even listen to him, but fuck him he sucks. yeah thats a good way to form a strong opinion

thats the problem, people just literally go out of there way to hate something, fill up all their time with writin why this man is the end of rap, but prolly rele didnt even listen

it happens a lot on this forum, and just in life in general. the problem with the internet is it gave everyone an opinion. and with that, the internet fans basically get to dictate an artists career

5. Fuck that son. I want to hear samples, cleverly flipped tracks when I listen to hip-hop considering that is what it's about (i'm not against live instrumentation but this ages keyboard beats are bullshit.)

Also its not about the guy being off a show for me. Its not good. You're telling me your going to college for music and yet your seriously going to defend this guy. Hip-hop is an artform just as much as any genre, so start acting like it. Yes, the underground flourishes but the statement Hip-Hop is dead is not about the underground. Though I don't go around repping the whole attitude I do understand what they're talking about. And let me break it down for you. Once upon a time lyrically complex guys were popular, even on MTV (gasp).

Nowadays the most talented have hardly any exposure or fan base and underground hip-hop has because of this (and other reasons) gone in a more abstract route for the most part. Now I want you to listen to a track off of "The Cold Vein" and then listen to your homeboy Drake and tell me the two compare. I can't understand why people like their music so cookie cutter clean nowadays. It takes no layering or clever instrumentation. No complex rhyme pattern or metaphor. No worries on sampling played out hits. Hell people don't even care if you sample as long as that bass is "banging". It's become so simple. All of music has.

You got producers like the RZA & lyricists like the GZA who believe it or not were once at the top of the hip-hop world. What are they considered nowadays? Underground. Fuck all of that. Sounds to me like what used to be mainstream (cats like Rakim, The Tribe, Nas) are all now only listened to underground guys. And maybe you can't fathom why this extremely pisses off a now thinning group of people but its because we've been driven out of our own genre by a bunch of fuckers who don't know what it was originally about. Don't know where slang was derived and don't understand it started as a completely counter-culture thing. There, I'm done.

6. anybody can rap.

anybody can act hard.

that's why he sucks. that's why lil wayne sucks. that's why EVERYTHING ALL OF YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO SUCKS.

and i'm not going to tell you what you should listen to. because you know what? you're fucking killing hiphop. hip hop isn't dead yet. but the drakes, and the lil waynes of this world are sure as fuck killing it.

fucking pussy shit. get your fucking head out of your asses and get out of the little fucking disco fad.

you don't have to be from the hood, but you can't fucking base your entire skill as a rapper off being able to spit some lines, a writer on a canadian pre-teen soap opera pre-wrote for you.

fucking faggots. i hope you all kill yourselves.

7. #87 light green, Jun 15, 2009
    straight up. you are my nig. the only person who understands it.

8. #88 ImWithWhatever, Jun 15, 2009

lol. thats rele all i gotta say. everyone thinks that just cuz i listen to this man im so narrow minded and shit. the only real reason im stickin up for him so much is cuz u people are the dumbasses. u prob dont even listen, and just hate cuz of whats attached to it.

and the other thing rele startin to fuckin piss me off is people thinking i dont know about the classics. motherfucker this is 2009, everybody has heard those songs by now if your really a true fan. what am i supposed to do sit in my room like u listenin to Enter the Wu-Tang for the 200th time and scream at my tv wen wayne or drake appear on it? we all heard that. i want new stuff. rakim, krs one, dr. dre, wu tang these dudes hardly put shit out anymore.

2009 as is a good year so far, red and meth dropped, az, em, raekown is comin, fabolous, cassidy, game, jayz, maybe dr. dre, cudi, drake, charles, lupe, nas and damian marley, maybe rakim, outkast wale, mickey factz, jadakiss, dblock, buddens, slaughterhouse, so on and so forth all those dudes either are or already have dropped cd's this year. and if u guys dont actually go out and buy the cd of the artist u support, dont even talk to me, hyprocrites

9. #89 lord doja, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
    you all got some really big ego's.

10. Being any type of puppet in the music industry you're not ever real...it's all always about the money, your image, and entourage. It's not just hip hop either man...sad to say It's just pretty much everywhere right now. :(

11. i try to not listen to rappers that are in the spotlight and shit because i dont like being in the "incrowd" shit ya know. and i heard drakes shit one time and he said something about being in a "crackspot" or someshit along those lines im like dude you have been on fuckin tv since you were yound and shit he probably has never seen fucking crack n shit. thanks but i'll stay in the underground with the pyschopathic family

12. fuck drake and lil wayne!

13. sarcasm is fun

14. sorry guys been sick wit food poisoning the past three dayz, pissin out my ass and barfing like i'm dying and lost a bunch of weight. I'll go through all the postings since i last logged on and will respond tomorrow.:smoking:

15. we disecting his rap not just listening to it mang:wave:

16. and one more thing before i go lay down yall really giving good views on both sides of the topic and I appreciate the argument. This is what hip hop (dare I say all music) needs diversity.

One Love

17. I agree. Rap has historically not been associated with the "gangster" lifestyle. Gangster rap as a sub genre of rap didnt really exist until the early '90s. Gangster rap has evolved into what we now hear as mainstream rap which is violent, materialistic and sexual

Rap was originally created to provide an outlet for African Americans to express their need for liberation. It was initially a vehicle for black nationalism (if you dont believe me REALLY listen to 2Pac, Public enemy, KRS One, etc) emphasizing pride, and liberation.

Drake may not be "gangster", or liberatory, he's kinda in the middle, but I like it (except for "Best I ever had"). If you really want a sample of what Drake is all about listen to "Lust for Life" and " I just wanna be successful".

18. Listen to the intro to "ignorant shit"

"I'm high, first time I smoked in like three months, sorry mom"

:rolleyes:

19. he sounds like a lil wayne clone dude

20. that was from ransom, but yeah ok whats ur point? lol