Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does decriminalization mean anything?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Crunge, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Herb has been decriminalized in Colorado for quite some time, but I'm pretty damn sure if a pig saw me with a joint, I'd be in some kind of trouble.

2. Not nearly as much trouble as you used to get into for shit like that.:cool:

3. I thought decriminalization meant that it's not illegal, and you can use it, but it's not legal for sale.

Or, it's not legal, but you wouldn't be considered a criminal for using it.

I have no clue what it means, but those are my guesses.

4. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']I thought decriminalization meant that it's not illegal, and you can use it, but it's not legal for sale.

Or, it's not legal, but you wouldn't be considered a criminal for using it.

I have no clue what it means, but those are my guesses.[/quote]

It means instead of rehab and jail time you would probably get a small fine like in Cali if you have anything on you smaller than an ounce it's a 100 dollar fine

5. Decriminalization means that while it is still ILLEGAL, you will not be prosecuted with a CRIME. Hence the DE-criminalization. Drugs for personal use, paraphenilia, etc. are not something you can go to jail for, instead you will be faced with civil penalities (i.e paying fines, programs, volunteering).

So the drugs are still illegal, but they aren't criminal.

There is one exception, you still cannot sell drugs. No slanging kilos, or going down to columbia. Those crimes are considered trafficking.