Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does decarbed thc need to be heated in order to bind to fat/sugar and make edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by daneel olivaw, Feb 6, 2014.

1. lets say i decarb some cannabis concentrate first seperately, and then mix it with butter or honey at room temperature, do i then have to heat it for it to bind? i know heat is required for the decarb to turn thc into thc-a but i dont know if its require for binding to the fat/sugar. Wikipedia seems to suggest you do NOT need to do so, but i want to make sure. thanks!

2. From what I understand as long as it's decarbed you should be good but it couldn't hurt to melt the butter add the decarbed bud and let it simmer for 5 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It will work without binding it to a fat just less efficently since it will be harder for your body to absorb the thc.

Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. ok, i thought that too. im going to try at room temp with a test and see if it works.

5. any news yet ?! im making cannabis ice cream  today, im just adding decarbed bud, an not heating the cream.