Does bud die after it produces buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Killeravocado, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Ok, the plant flowers, produces buds... if you pick, or cut, the buds off of the plant... will the plant survive for another season or will it die... or could it live but require alot of work? If someone would help me with this, it would be much help! Thanx!

2. Once you remove the bud you can change the light back to 18/6 (veg lighting) and your plant will be fine. It will take her a little while to adjust back to vegative growth but will be quicker than germing a new seed. This way you will have a big plant will a fair amount of growth already and you could always use her as a mother for cuttings.

hope this helps

3. Ya dude.. what if the plant is outdoors... like an apricot tree?

4. It dies.

5. ...You can't revert the plant back to vegetation after it's finished budding can you...? That sounds rediculous to me...

6. Iive read that u can but it sometimes produces hermies when they bud the second time.

7. That makes more sense to me.

I personally would rather start a new grow than simply re-doing the same plant...because it gives you such a feeling just watching this magnificent plant grow over its stages...from seedling to smoking:smoke:

8. This thread title made me laugh.

9. I have never grown outside but surely you can save the plant. It will need protection during the winter from frost but if treated right it should be ok for the next season.

Of course you can revert it back, all plants have to revert back to vegetive growth after they flower, tress, plants etc....

It is obviously easier if you are indoors because you can control the light cycle.

10. Werd :smoke:

11. No...it's not an annual plant, it's seasonal... meaning after it produces its flowers (bud..) it drops it seeds (in nature, there would be males and females...thus pollinating the females to produce seeds) then it dies off, and when Spring comes next year round (or whenever it's warm enough, depending on the location) the seeds will grow new plants.

12. Yes they would come back if there are males in your crop. They will pollinate the females, thus the fem will produce buds again. You will also get seeds w/ your grow so you could have more of that plant.

13. there is no such thing as a "seasonal plant" there are only perennials and annuals..

by definition annual plants complete their life cycle in one year, from seed to bloom. Cannabis falls under that category, thereby making Cannabis an annual plant.

If you have grown outdoors you should know that you can plant a seed in Spring, but you wont be able to harvest it until approx. 2 seasons later. If Cannabis was a "seasonal plant" then you would be able to harvest it in one season, right?

check out this grow journal here >http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-jou...ar-2nd-fluro-only-soil-grow-start-finish.html

^^the grower started off using Fluoros, harvested his plants and then vegged and flowered them again for a second harvest using an HID. really good read.

14. Yea i spose so, but i'm no horticulturist so i don't know all the correct terms and shit... i try and be helpful but end up looking like a complete dick :rolleyes:

15. Hahaha i just noticed that too:rolleyes:

16. Not an idiot, if it remains outdoors it dies, period. Reveging occurs when you fool the plant into vegging by changing the light cycle back to 18/6 or longer and can only be done indoors, under artificial light.