Does being high make you socially stupid?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ddd3, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Wtf is wrong with my thoughts

2. Cannabis can demish your ego bro. Causing you to become self conscious. Once you stop judging yourself by how others judge you, and stop judging others, you can then become social because you are the same as everyone else but special because there is noone exactly like you. Take a breather, chill, and enjoy your cannabis induced perspective on life.
    :smoke:

3. perhaps, but moreso it makes me less presumptuous and assuming...meaning i try harder to understand what others are trying to say or do, rather than just assume i understand them. perhaps more inquisitive, but often for whatever reason have a sense of secrecy about my motives that often leave others feeling i am a tad socially awkward.

to sum it up, i wish to know things and try to gather info from people while being too paranoid to tell them why...and...

sometimes they think it is weird...

4. a little bit sometimes i think it can.

5. No, but it makes me horny as fuck.

6. When I smoke I talk.

7. How coincidentally timed this thread is!!

I was hanging out with my friends, played some music and ended up heading over to meet up with more kids. I decided to go on a walk and sit by a lake instead of going inside into a social situation to clear the air and whatnot. Anyway, I eventually make it to the house where I walk into 10 kids roasting away on couches baked. I'm actually still currently at the house, except on one of the girls laptops because I'm trying to help her with something. Regardless, the social environment is quite stupid imo. No one is sharing their thoughts and it feels like nobody is feeling anything!

So, I completely agree with the OP.

And if you consider having your brain fried as ego death, then sure.

8. not me only sometimes

9. #9 KentuckyKush, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
    There are 7 billion people in the world. Even if you are so lucky as to be a "one in a million" type of person, that means there are seven thousand motherfuckers just like you. :eek::eek::eek:

10. i want to find the other seven thousand just like me...

11. #11 TheJourney, Apr 21, 2012
    I think it all depends on outlook...if you allow yourself to become overly analytical about social matters, and you interpret your analysis in terms of 'good' and 'bad,' or 'cool' and 'awkward,' then there is a good chance you'll say something 'stupid,' and then it can go downhill from there. If you use being high to assist you in the excitement of living in the moment, and assist in building the thrill of putting yourself out there without any worry or thought at all, then it can greatly help your social skills. I have seen this from experience. It perhaps used to sometimes hinder my social abilities, but I believe it now helps me to be myself in an exciting way more, which makes me seem 'cooler' or more fun/funny, and also makes me enjoy myself more because of the thrill I get from how it helps me to completely be myself without thought, and have it work out good.

12. Why not have a go at telling them why anyway? You may feel awkward at first, but that won't last long. And once you have, you'll lose that feeling of paranoia that stops you, and the next time, you'll find it easier to do so again.

Also, no need to try hard to understand people, just let it be, and you'll find you'll begin to understand them so much better than when you thought you had to do something to do so.

13. Define 'socially stupid'.

14. #14 UNAB0MB3R, Apr 21, 2012
    [quote name='"fieryflora"']i want to find the other seven thousand just like me...[/quote]

I've found one of my counterparts, everything this girl does is a mirror of what i would do. My friends met her while i was in australia (which she had just come back from) and they started calling her girl Brian. Its awesome chilling with her. :D

On topic though it really depends who Im hangin with. If i get along with them really well i can chat.

15. Nice. :smoke:

This thing called 'getting along really well' is a tricky one to define. It appears to be a connection being made on a level that transcends the participants. What might be called telempathic. Where, unlike the word telepathy, which is generally thought to mean knowing what someone else is thinking. Telempathy is knowing who someone else is, because you vibrate at a similar frequency, that it can appear as if you know what they're thinking, certainly what they're feeling, because in those moments, there's no real difference between you.

16. [quote name='"Shade"']Define 'socially stupid'.[/quote]

I was hoping someone would ask something like this. Well I was high when I posted this and just with some people chilling. Everyone's cool and stuff having a good time but its people I just met and I guess I want talking a lot because I was so lost in thought. Then I realized I wasn't talking and they probably thought I was being weird or something, so I had to make an effort to talk more and obviously that's no fun when you are actively trying to force yourself to be more social. So I guess that's what I meant by socially stupid

17. What do you mean be more social though? If you feel you have something to say, and are being quiet because you're not sure if those around you want to hear it, is perhaps one thing. But if you just decide that the thought that came into your mind is true, that they probably thought I was being weird or something by not speaking, then you created a scenario where of course you didn't really want to have to respond. It was a lower vibration based on ego fear. If you give it attention, you make it become real, and eventually have to act on it, as it is insisting it is real.

This is not reality, you're not being yourself, so what comes out of your mouth when you try and speak feels false or unreal to you. This shows that you reacted to a thought that you had, which was in no way true (whether anyone thought this or not is of no consequence as you didn't know it to be true) and made it the basis for what you did next.

If you were able to see that this construct was just coming from a part of your ego that felt insecure, and not see it as you, as perhaps you can now, you would've dealt with things very differently.

18. I see.

Well, for what it's worth, I'd say being high often leads to heightened self-awareness--this can even manifest itself into a certain sense of paranoia in some cases. I suspect that being around relatively unfamiliar people or places exaggerates this effect, if it does occur.

I'd suggest you do what feels natural instead of making assumptions about what others are thinking of you. If you try to fight the nature of yourself, you're just going to end up ruining your high.

19. I do/say ridiculous shit sometimes when i'm baked, but i much more easily get into deep conversations.

Well, they seem deep to me. :smoke:

20. It helps when people are on the same level.

Also, dont think about what you say...stay in the moment and tell any haters to fuck off. :smoke: