1. Grasscity.com August contest: Subscribe to our channel on YouTube to be entered to win a PAX 2 Vaporizer! Winner will be announced Sept 1st
    Dismiss Notice

Does arthritis qualify?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by chris'59, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have psoriatic arthritis - fairly severe, chronic joint pain and stiffness. Two questions 1) would this condition qualify for medical marijuana in California, or any other state and 2) If I went to one of those states could I get a perscription? (I live in New York). Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed.
  2. I would think so but honestly couldn't tell you 100%.

    Welcome to Grasscity, btw!
  3. yes more certainly. though u will need a doctor's note or have them fill out an application. oregon for sure. i was just researching their gov't program.
  4. Thanks for getting back to me.
    What documentation would I need in Canada?
  5. Hey, these are the ares in US where Medical Cannabis is Legal:

    Alaska | California | Colorado | Hawaii | Maine | Maryland | Michigan | Montana | Nevada | New Mexico | Oregon | Rhode Island | Vermont | Washington

    Source: Norml.org

    I have no knowledge about how to get Medical Cannabis in Canada, but I am sure you would have to be a legal citizen.

    I am positive psoriatic arthritis is a sufficient enough to qualify for Medical Cannabis in California.

    Here is a site that has tons of info:

  6. You cannot just go on vacation there, get your card, return to new york and think your all set. You need to be a resident to get your card.
  7. #7 Storm Crow, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
    In California, residency is a requirement, as is a photo ID. It is not a prescription, it is a recommendation. Recommendations are not transferable even between most MMJ states (remember to get that written into your state's future MMJ law!) and certainly not to non-MMJ states.

    In California, you will qualify, almost every one does. If you do move here (1) bring a copy of your recent medical records- these make the process go much faster and easier! (2) the day you get a place to live, go to the DMV and get a driver's license or California ID. (3) Check NORML for a list of friendly cannabis specialists. (4) Get the doctor to write your personal limits (number of plants and ounces) on your recommendation! The law is changing but the doctor's recommendation on amounts still tops any other state or county limits :D, but not federal. :(

    And speaking of federal, have you told President Obama- How you feel about the DEA raid today? Why you think cannabis should be, at least, medically legal in ALL states? How cannabis prohibition hasn't worked, isn't working, and never will work and is a big waste of my tax dollars!

    Did you know that cannabis has been the number ONE question asked of Obama? We have to keep it that way! Don't let up! A CNBC poll yesterday came up with 97% in favor of decriminalization! We are on a roll- just gotta keep telling it to Obama! Make it so he can't ignore us. Here's where to gripe!


    Granny :wave:
  8. Thanks for your help!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page