Does anyone use a generator...?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mimi, Apr 19, 2007.

1. I was wondering if anyone uses a generator as their power supply for their grow room. I know nothing about generators at all, and was wondering if someone could give me some basic information? I guess things like how many volts, what size are they, is it really appropriate for growing weed or am I talking about something way out there? Or any other information you can tell me about using a generator. Thanks.

2. generators run anywhere from 500.00 up to 5,000.00 $$
    your neighbors are going to be really suspicious if your continiously running your generator with no power outage. plus the price of fuel is outrageous now.

3. Hi
    I looked into this myself, thinking about keeping the electric bill (and suspicion) down. It is in no way economically feasible' unless you're growing A LOT of plants. The cost of fuel-propane, gas, or diesel, would run into several hundred bucks a month. I'd suggest keeping your grow small, and using CFLs. Around here, anyway, you could run 3 or 4 hundred watts of light for 12 to 15 bucks a month.
    HTH

4. when hurricanes fucked shit up a couple years back we bought one and that bitch was loud and yea 3 bucks a gallon i wouldnt wanna spend that

i saw someone on here awhile back that used gas like for ur grill maybe u can search for that

5. yea generators are super loud. it sounds like someone is mowing youre lawn with a really loud lawn mower... but its always going. personally i think its a bad idea.