Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone think this is a good Kief Box?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bananacanada, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Here's the link: Wikka Medium Humidor & Herb Extractor from RYOT @1percent

I was going to go for the humidor and extractor combo originally but it only comes with a 4x7 shaker thats 1.25 inches tall with a 100 micron screen and thought the 6x8 extractor would do a better job and give me more quantity because it's taller and has a 120 mesh screen.

Please tell me what you think guys. Would a smaller box be more beneficial opposed to the 6x8 as the buds or grind doesn't have to move around as much; and the 100 micron mesh screen? Or is it the other way around?

I smoke daily (not as much as some people) and need something to put my quarters/half oz in to save/make kief, so I won't be putting tons amounts in at a time.

Any help with this would be awesome. Thanks.

2. I dont know much about kief boxes, but if it had a felt bottom I couldn't see that working good

3. ...why? I think they mean the underside (bottom).

4. dayum ***** lotta mofuckin ***** ass ***** bumps mofucker

5. 2 bumps is considered a lot? I am just trying to get help, man.

6. I LOVE my kief box. I bought mine locally for $60 and just learned from your link that Wicca is now Ryot which is what brand mine is.

Mine is about 4x7x3. This is very similar to mine besides no logos outside and a different lid logo.

4x7 Shaker Box / Pollen Extractor @1percent

I usually grind up a half ounce and store it in my box and finish it every 2 weeks - with my kief on bottom. The medium size is perfect for what you are looking for. I really suggest my model as I don't quite see a point in different sections in a box for kief, even if you have 2 different strains it'll all blend together.

Your box is overkill IMHO. And the 100 micron is BEAUTIFUL. I get pure gold kief - never any plant matter and never any green.

These boxes are top of the line. A great box! My secret is freezing my ground up half ounce for 30 minutes and shaking it with 2 nickels. Depending on the strain and quality you'll get between 1.5 - 2.5 g blonde maybe even more.

And the bud is still 85% as potent and gets you high. People who argue against without previous experience are ignorant. These blow grinders out of the water.

12 grams -> 2.5g :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. That is mad expensive for mdf with a wood veneer. I got an all wood (maple I think) for $50 at my lhs.

8. mdf? Sorry.

9. Thank you btw, very informative. I will probably go with a 100 micron screen now. I am going to start vaping and this seems ideal as it wont take more THC from my bud.

10. Youre welcome - it'll be great since its ground up already. I love being able to just stick my vape wand in there like an elephant and pack bowls in seconds.

Are you buying a vape or do you already own one? Need any suggestions?

Personally my favorite thing is pure kief bowls in my Silver Surfer.

11. That seems really expensive to me... You could probably make your own with a $10 box from the craft store and some mesh. :p

12. - 2 Tupperware containers with 1 lid
    - silk screen either locally or online (less than $10)
    - scissors
    - glue

-weed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtkBimcwkF0&feature=youtube_gdata_player]How to make hash ! Fast cheap and easy way for hashish transformation. - YouTube[/ame]

But these boxes are worth it for a one time investment. I also let sticky buds dry up in there like a reverse humidor because dry = kiefy. Lol Tupperware is teh ghetto :smoke:

13. No guys, I have money lol. I am looking to buy a quality box that will last me awhile.

14. Yeah, I just bought a mflb a few days ago with a power adapter. I realized I could have dropped the money for a much more efficient vape like the SSV or DBV, all in all if you get the technique down, and use the mflb properly, you can get awesome hits apparently, especially with the power adapter. It will just take a bit longer to get a good vape high like what a SSV/DBV/Volcano can deliver. You can also take it where ever and has barely any smell when vaporizing, which is a thumbs up.

15. Ohhh damn man for the same price of the MFLB and adapter you could have bought an Arizer Solo. It's a much more efficient vape with no learning curve and 4 simple buttons to operate.

It's easily comparable to my Silver Surfer and is the size of a Red Bull can. I bought one for my mom as a belated Xmas gift and I'm jealous I gave it to her.

You can pick one up online for like $170. Lol I'd see if I could return/trade it unless stealth and tiny is your utmost concern.

The MFLB is ok don't get me wrong. You'll like it regardless.

16. #18 bananacanada, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    I could. They are both in the process of being shipped. I can return the mflb to the seller on ebay, he allows returns. But I bought the PA off the mflb website, I don't think they give refunds...? idk. If they would give a refund on the PA I might do it; regardless, it's a lifetime warranty for a pretty decent vape once you get the technique down.

It's my first vape, I will test it out for 2-3 weeks with the PA, and if it doesn't get me vaked and I do not like it at all, I will sell the whole kit and buy the Arzier.

17. Yeah no worries I've heard the power adapter really helps those units. I don't think you'll be disappointed anyway. While I haven't tried the mflb yet, any vape is smoother and tastier than any bong I've ever used.