does anyone see themselves as already dead

Discussion in 'General' started by potblower, May 14, 2010.

1. i wish that no one told us the truth about the world when we were little kids and we just kept living like we were little kids all along, instead only being taught what we need to survive, it would be the shit

the world shuts off your imagination and your true self when you reach a certain age, instead making you conform to its rules and making you a better fit for "your" role in society.

2. because you're dead

end of story

3. Death scares me...alot , and nobody but me and now GC knows that bout myself

4. i know my life will be cut a little short, so i think about death alot. but i love life, and i wanna take in as much as i can each day. so noooooo

5. I don't do anything really, I suppose I could say I'm already dead.

I've been having a lot of odd thoughts (to other people at least) lately. Like what is the point of everyone doing all they can to delay inevitable death. Modern medicine is capable of delaying death to the point where the person living is no longer truly alive. It boggles me. We all die, it's part of life, stop trying so hard to put it off.

6. #26 elephantparade, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    This is why I don't really take anything in life seriously.

7. What he said.

8. #28 Drivenone, May 15, 2010
    Hang on. How can anyone say they are dead? However, I believe that i have died. The 1st time was at the hands of my dad. Enough said. So now you have to ask yourself what does a 10 year old do that would cause their dad to kill them.

I'm not special in anyway, I believe everyone will live forever. It's just that we'll never know when we are dead. You may know when I have died, they may find out I have died, but i'll never know it. The doctor has never said, you're dead. Only that you are dieing. I believe it's over and over. As in constantly.

The bleeding stops, the gun doesn't fire, and the car goes through the wall.

9. Ha, I agree with what one person said above about his Professor seeing humans as animals. I look at it the same way, I don't know but I always have.

I drank 3 bottles of DXM a few nights ago and torwards the end of the trip all I could think about is lying inside my coffin, being able to hear the dirt fall unto it. I was convinced my entire family knew I was tripping, and I was convinced that once my trip ended, so would I. It was eerie, the thoughts and whatnot but I was so content with dying at the time. Like I had accepted it...

10. I use that to make my decisions. My motto from Platoon: "We all gotta die sometime, Red."

11. #31 Chaohinon, May 15, 2010
    I don't understand why so many people think that "death is inevitable" is a negative thought. It should be liberating to know that, ultimately, you're beholden to nothing and no one.

There's no rapture, no judgement, no afterlife, and no rules. Live life as you see fit, and die knowing that, in death, the only thing you stand to lose are the regrets and guilt that will only reduce your quality of life.

12. Ask yourself if you're even living. That is, what makes you so different from a rock? You're both made up of matter, chemicals, and all of that. What makes you more alive than a rock? You are unarguably more COMPLEX than a rock, but that doesn't make you more alive, does it? The fact that you take in oxygen, it goes into your lungs, through your blood, yade yade yah. And what about the simplest life forms out there, single cells. Are they living as well? And think universally as well. Not just what is confined to Earth, but outside of it as well. And dimensions beyond those we can't even see or understand.

You're onto something when you say you're all ready dead...because you're truly not living. They're just terms humans use to organize and "understand" the world around us.

Metaphysics. It'll drive you nuts.

13. me2

yea that makes sense

14. People see death as a negative thought because there is noway mentally for a human to perceive nothingness, even while thinking about it you're technically 'thinking' and thus that isn't nothingness. That's why people have to hold hope and why imo religion is a good way of expressing that (atheist myself however) How can you perceive that before the universe everything was the size of an atom? and how can you perceive that after my brain shuts off there will be no contemplation or no thoughts/dreams/experiences of any kind. Impossible

15. I am death.

16. It really depends on your age.

From 1-15 everything is amazing
    From 15-21 you're curious and begin experiment with everything from drugs to women/men
    From 21+ you're working a 9-5 and living each day over and over aagain

The best advice is to look at each day and realize that you may have 70 years ot live, but life is short so don't sweat the small stuff. Don't let people make you angry, don't let them get the best of you. You are who you are and life can be amazing if you make it.

17. You're funny as hell on Family Guy. js.