Does anyone play...?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by hippie john, May 14, 2003.

?

What do you play?

1. Bass Guitar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Guitar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Drums

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Harmonica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. flute

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. violin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. claranet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. saxaphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. trumpet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. i dont play anything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. i've been playing guitar for around almost 6 years now,i'm also currently in a band under the name of SICKSHIFT, the name evolving from the drastic change from normal and mellow to sick in twisted within a couple notes to a song....i have no idea whats going on right now

2. i play Jackson Pro Kelly Star, which i guess is OOP, fuckers changed it to the Warrior, which is a really gay looking guitar even though it's modled after mine

3. i play bass, it great, been playing for a year

4. i play a computer. seriously, it's true.

i do the drums, easy peasy
    and the bass, well, most of it, there is a layer of "real" bass over my tracks.
    i do all the effects / synths / samples.

and the lights and big-screen video show

others do the guitar and vocals and stuff.

oh, and we play rocktronica. not quite rock, not quite electronica, but it's way cool :)

5. drums, mandolin, banjo, piano and a lil guitar

6. giutar and drums

7. I play the guitar and harmonica, sometimes at the same time, sometimes neither at the same time! I own a sitar, but I can't really play it for a damn- I thought I could get by with a cheap student model, but I got what I paid for. It's terrible at staying in tune and the strings break faster then US treaties with Native Americans. I'd really love to learn how to play. I may be better off buying one of those Jerry Jones electric sitars since they're basically a guitar with a buzz bridge.

8. i play guitar mostly, i also play drums, bass, and keyboards..i need new equipment but i need more money too :p

9. I play vocals :) My band is kinda punk/rockish sounding. Just fun to rock out with the amps cranked! We cover lots of metalica and system of a down. Many many orriginals too. Mostly ska/punk/metal. If i get my computer with my mp3's on it, ill upload some of my songs onto my ftp if you'd like to listen...

10. i play drums, guitar, bass guitar, piano, and throat.

11. me new here, but I am a drummer and play some guitar. Dont you drummers just hate it when all the guitarists get the glory and were the ones sitting behind them working our asses off?

12. The only instrument i play is a joint. ;)

13. why drummers are needed:

-somebody's gotta drink up all the backstage beer
    -they make all the others in the band look good
    -the rest of the band gets a perfect excuse to be late for soundcheck
    -you don't need to bring along a roadie

why samples and drum machines are better:

-they don't like beer at all
    -they shut up
    -they don't insist on singing (out of tune even)
    -they don't drive everyone else nuts in the bandroom drumming on the table, beerbottles, chairs, walls, floor, ashtrays, doors, other peoples heads, instrument flights
    -you get room for one more girl in the bandbus
    -they don't fart, burp, pee on the floor, scratch everywhere
    -they are easy to replace and easy to work with
    -they do as they're told

:D

14. I play drums/percussion. I currently tech and teach private lessons at a high school in TX. I marched DCI as well.

now backwards off the left...

15. Not to brag but... I play harmonica like a frickin' maniac. I can cool the mood down and funk it up! It's fun... I just need a PA system.

16. I forgot if i replied to this lol!! but i play guitar and "throat" .... silly rabbit (shagra) :D

oh yeah piano can be fun.. started this piece called lotus land.. it's so good. bartok's got nothing on this piece. and bach can suck my cock for all i care... modern piano songs kick the shit outta all y'all!! :D

I need some wEEEEEEds!! lol

17. Yea I play guitar, bass guitar, drums, trombone, euphonium, a little harmonica, and i sing from time to time.

I've been in a few ska bands in the past, played trombone in those. The most successful one, The Metros, were about to be signed to Moon Ska records (our manager was friends with Buckett from the Toasters) but then we kinda broke up..cause I moved away to go to school and our bass player moved to tampa for some job... We opened for Less Than Jake..I guess thats cool or something~

I was almost in the Know How but moving to Gainesville sounded like a bad idea at the time...but oh well.

Right now I'm mostly working on solo guitar stuff in hopes that I'll find some other people that can stand to listen to it/play it...the band I was in here in town just wasn't cutting it, but I'll save that story for another time.

...I got nothin~

18. i play bass in my band, Banana Man and the Leprechauns...i can play guitar if i have to tho and i cant sing worth a shit