does anyone know what plant this is?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by swoove773, Feb 25, 2014.

1. #1 swoove773, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    i have never heard of a plant with only 3 leaves and i was just curious if anyone had any info? and also, should i start fertilizing with a 20-20-20 solution? this is my first time growing and it's a single plant and i just want to make sure i'm doing it right. no use in wasting a free seed, right? thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393298695.642155.jpg
    Like these? Mine is Alien Headband but there's more than one strain with three leaves...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thats normal man sometimes plants jist do that im guess7ng gentics arent all that great.. but I wouldnt hit it with a fert yet how old is it

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 swoove773, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    its been growing for about a month and a half...so about 6 weeks maybe? i put it in soil (dirt from outside) around the 10th of January and i put it in potting soil about a week and a half ago. also if it's of any importance, i've topped it once already and i think i did it right because it started two new chutes.

not quite like yours, mine doesn't have the two small leaves at the base, only the 3 fat ones

6. #6 KouchLoch, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    They start out threes. These are two month old clones. I even have some that naturally grew one blade...I'll see if I can get a pic when the lights are on.
    EDIT: spelling

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Poison ivy has three leaves...

8. i planted it as a seed, though i did transplant it to soil after it was already about 4 inches in (i used the paper towel-plastic baggie method to germinate).

9. #12 swoove773, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    okay, i fucked up royally and need help: some way or another, i knocked my plant over and it became de-potted. I tried to save it but lost what i think was maybe 25-40% of it's roots (i was kind of panicking so i couldn't tell). i repotted it after about 5 minutes and the bottom leaves started to droop. i cut them off and propped up the rest of it. what do i do from here???
    \nhere are some before and afters:
    \n Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 11.28.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 11.28.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 11.28.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 11.29.11 PM.png
    \nEDIT: i also gave it a tiny bit of water, cut two of the leaves in half and it's about to go through its night cycle. any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!  :cry:

10. leave it alone and let it recover.

11. what are the odds of recovery? i've been looking at other folks with a similar problem and some people say it might be fine while others are a lot less optimistic?

12. It will be fine dude. I had to pull all my plants because I forgot to add an aeration amendment to my soil. Most of the plants lost 1/4-1/2 of the roots and they are all monsters now!

13. looks like a shrubbery to me

14. first plant, just watch it grow, try not to help it grow, you will be surprised what they become all by themselves, I made my mistakes like we all do, i had a ceiling fall on a plant and pulled 4 zips off it. good luck

15. thanks for the tips guys! i'll keep you posted on the progress!

16. so i'm coming up at abut 2 and a half months and everything seems to be okay, but about a week ago i notice some of the leaves are starting to curl downwards. is this a potential problem?

Attached Files: