Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone else..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 1620, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Does anyone else use their stems from after picking off the nug in order to clog the hole in your bowl/slide? It works pretty well, and it lasts you a couple bowls if you don't mind repacking over some ash.

2. No. I dry mine out and grind them uP then use as dip.

3. What is the purpose of clogging the whole where you pull smoke through? Do you mean you use it as a screen?

In which case I still dont entirely follow you.

4. Does it give you a buzz or anything, ive been saving stems for a while and i have a lot

As far as the questions goes, yes i have done that when i cant get my hands on a screen.... ive actually smoked just stems when i couldnt find any bud, not the best buzz though

5. Well I mean some people use an "anchor nug" so that the ground up bud doesn't get prematurely sucked down the hole. A stem that is a little smaller than the hole can be put in and used as a screen of some sort to make the hole even smaller in an effort to reduce the amount of bud getting sucked through. In other words, the point of the stem is to get the most out of your bud. The advantage to a stem instead of an anchor nug is that a stem isn't as important as a nug so it won't matter too much if it gets sucked through. Also, stems don't burn as easily as ground up weed so that the same stem can be used with more than one bowl. It's just something that I do cause it makes conservative sense to me.

6. That's interesting. I've never smoked just stems lol but i usually grind them up If there's a grinder. I've never noticed a different of unpleasant high.

7. built in class screen :)

8. I wouldnt say it was unpleasant, it was different though, not as nice and euphoric it was like a harsher buzz

9. I do this lol!