Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone else not like the idea of dabs or wax or any of that?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Po4381994, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I'm by no means a "seasoned toker", but I figured I'd get the best replies here. Anyway, I love smoking, the act, the feeling, the smell of it, but I just can't get used to the idea of dabbing, it's almost like it's a completely different thing, like not weed anymore. Flowers for life in my opinion :smoke: What do you guys think?

2. I agree ill always prefer flowers but there's sometimes you wanna get realll baked so that's when everything else comes in.. I couldn't dab everyday tho Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. They're okay once in a while, as long as you don't dab all the time you won't fuck your tolerance up.

I've been smoking for years and I recently tried dabs last week and I was blown away... not so much by the high (I think the fact that I vaporize keeps my tolerance so high) but by the taste... it was simply amazing. 

When you think about it, the flowers are just a vehicle for the THC, and dabbing is like riding in a limo. 

4. Dude do u smoke hash or eat it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Dabs are nice, but you just can't beat that moment when you pick up some herb and get excited about how dank it is....then you get home and roll it up in a jay. Can't quite do that with concentrates lol. But ill never turn down a dab either hahaSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Dabs are great I find.  Nothing like getting 1g worth of thc in 1 toke plus the taste is unreal. :yummy:   But I certainly smoke my flowers more just nice, right after work or when bed time is getting near.

7. I just like that it's vaporizing and it's more efficient, and like the blade above me said if u want to get high really quickly in a packed area-say a movie theater, u can take a whole gram in 1 hit n itl take 30 seconds and it saves u time-money and energy to prepare everything / plus alota dabbing rigs are just bigger then a lighter or smaller then Cans of coke/ other then that it's hard to get/or just annoying to make but it has it's advantages and disadvantages -personally I wish I could try it more but prob not everyday Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I actually haven't done anything with hash d: I've only been smoking for about a year

9. I love hash and concentrates but sadly don't come across them all too often. It is much better for your lungs because you need to inhale far less smoke to achieve a much more potent high than you would smoking flowers.

I always like to have bud on hand though, even when smoking hash. Nothing can replace smoking  some straight up dank buds, but hash can supplement it quite nicely and give me that extra push out into cloud 9.

It all boils down to personal preference. Smoke what you like to smoke! The choice is yours  :smoke:  provided you can source some concentrates

10. I hear what you're saying OP. I never liked the idea of there being any residual solvent left trapped inside the oil that would end up being inhaled. But, since I live in Seattle and have my medical card (for now, anyway), I can go to dispensaries that sell laboratory-made oils extracted with proper equipment by people who know chemistry. Once it is established that the oils are purged clean, dabbing is really an efficient way of getting the most effect for the least amount of inhalation. 

Also, something to consider, in terms of the natural-ness of flowers vs the unnatural-ness of BHO, is that flowers can be sprayed with pesticide and/or have residual chemicals left in them from synthetic nutrients. Flowers can have spider mites and eggs on them. All natural? Maybe…but, still...

Poorly-grown flower can be way nastier than well-made BHO.

And there are oils that are extracted with CO2 -or some other types of extraction methods…so no residual solvency.

If you have a favorite strain of flower that tastes like…..lime sherbet (Chernobyl, for example)…then the oil extracted from it (properly) will taste like a magnified version of lime sherbet. You will get multiple times more effect. -faster onset and longer-lasting…and you will not be inhaling any of the carbonaceous, particulates that you would from smoking flower.

That being said, I'm not cheerleading for dabbing over smoking flowers. Dabbing should be respected because it will create the most extreme effects and it will totally raise your tolerance level off the charts. Keep it in its proper place -that's the key. It's like comparing driving 30 miles an hour in a Honda Civic in your neighborhood, to driving a Ferrari 150+ MPH on a test track. One you can do everyday. The other you only do on occasion! :) 

11. theres flower ppl. i say fuck flower dabbin for life... expet right now when im non probation

12. idk how clubs in Seattle are but here in socal. most clubs sell shitt wax. most times i have to purge it myself if i buy from the club. good things theres good blowers everywhere. 

13. There's shitty dispensary oil here, too…but there's also places with the real deal….and I'm onto it, now. But yep, I've got some shitty budder in my freezer right now that wreaks of low-grade butane. I wouldn't even try to purge it because it's not worth the effort. I'll just plop it into some coconut oil the next time I make a batch of brownies. 

14. Never tried dabbing, but I would in a heart beat.

Only problem is, I have a high tolerance already... I want to wait until I either grow my own or have a card to start dabbing, then I can do that more often and all will be well  :bongin:

15. I look at dabs like liquor, and flowers are like wine

16. [quote name="Po4381994" post="19351443" timestamp="1389881431"]I'm by no means a "seasoned toker", but I figured I'd get the best replies here. Anyway, I love smoking, the act, the feeling, the smell of it, but I just can't get used to the idea of dabbing, it's almost like it's a completely different thing, like not weed anymore. Flowers for life in my opinion :smoke: What do you guys think?[/quote]why wouldnt you want to get as baked as possible? I guess its all preference.