Does anyone else have an addictive personality?

Discussion in 'General' started by folied, Jul 4, 2009.

1. I started smoking pot a few months ago and I went from only on the weekends.. to quickly smoking every day. I constantly read and soak up as much information as I possible can on whatever subject interests me. Sometimes, when something interests its all I can think about.. which is the case now. But marijuana isn't the only thing that I've done this with... can be about anything I've been interested in.

I literally research marijuana any chance I have the free time, and now I've sparked interest in creating a grow... possibly inside when I get my own place, or in the huge fields behind my house. Not sure yet.

2. I am exactly the same. If I find something I like i want to do it everyday. It can be dangerous sometimes.

The worst thing for me was drinking, I found myself drinking everyday because it was the easiest drug to get hold of.

Now I just smoke and don't touch alcohol. It is much better. If I go out to clubs I do coke instead of drinking.

3. Yeah I've pretty much had addictions to, and long binges on all the major drugs. Coke, Meth, Heroin, Oxy, Xanax, ecstasy, ect. Haha, ive got fucked up genes :p

4. haha whaaatt?

5. Very much so, at least when it comes to drugs.

6. I'm being serious. Getting drunk isn't any fun. With coke I am awake and chatty. When I get home i take a 10mg of valium and smoke a couple of joints.

7. I am exactly like you. I always go through addictive stages of my life with different things that interest me. I think that it is a good quality to have if you can apply it to a business or something. Thats what I hope to do

8. Yeah bro, I get addicted to a lot of things I like, and I have to be very careful with my habits. It can be anything from a substance to something like laziness. If I let it start, even a little, i'll start doing it over and over.

But I've learned how to take myself out of those habits, and I can recognize the shit i'm doing usually. I quit smoking cigarettes (was a 1-2 pack a day smoker), and I only drink at parties. I'm still an every day toker, but that shit don't stress me one bit, and it actually helps me keep my shit straight.

9. i have a very addictive personality, kind've obsessive. ive been smoking weed everyday since the day i started

10. I just posted something about this in another thread.

There is no such thing as an "addictive personality." Addiction is a hereditary (and is thought by many scientists to be genetic), chronic, progressive, primary, fatal disease. If someone is an addict, they do not choose to be an addict.

I've already been to rehab once, and detox multiple times for overdoses.

Addiction is a serious issue. If you really think you are an addict, try to get help.

11. I get very obsessive, and while my addictions control my life.. I don't think they are negatively affecting me.. I just expand my knowledge on whatever I am addicted to greatly and partake in the activity every day. I personally don't think I need help, and my personality and my ease of getting addicted to something is why I will never ever touch a hard drug, ever.

12. super addictive personality. on anyhing drugs or a video game or anything. but ive learned jto control it, except with teh weed. hahaha i cant stop smoking all the time. i will smoke every chance i get but i rarely drink anymore unless its a holiday (like today) or a party (which rarely come around in my town). never really got into any other drugs excpet for extacyand i did that every day last summer.

DONT GET ADDICTED TO EXTACSY IM TELLING U NOW. ITS A BAD ADDICTION TO LEARN HOW TO QUIT.

and i used tpo play WoW everyday for like 2 years but i quit that shit. and diablo 2 ive played that off and on since it came out and i would play for like 4 to 5 month long periods on average (longest was 2 years straight lol)

id say im addicted to things easily. except coke, coke is just sooo unattractive to me for some reason ive done it and liked it but i HATE snorting shit idk why dut i do, thank god or i oewuld prolly be some tweaker on the side of the street asking for money

13. IMO coke + alcohol = one of the best highs out there. Gotta love cocaethylene;)

14. lol if u do coke and drink u cna drink all night

15. I've heard that a couple times before! Is it true that if ya snort a few lines before, you can drink tons without getting royally shitfaced?

16. Nope not at all...I can drink alcohol plenty and never get addicted, same for gambling, cigarettes, etc. Not addicted to anything.

17. eh i prefer to do coke after im drunk as shit then i dont feel like im half asleep, but ya u wont get hella shitty if u do coke and drink. cuz u will be drunk but not tired and want to drink more. beer tastes better to me after ive done a few lines

18. yes. op described me perfectly. i get fixated on topics and all i do is research them and think about them

19. yes i am the same. i get interested in a subject and it consumes me. i jump from subject to subject occasionally and i will resurrect a subject every now and then.

20. I think im the kinda guy that always needs a REAL INTEREST.

Something that can be done a lot.

Before I played a lot of computer games and turned into a freak... how did i quit?

weed.... not its bad, but i cant even fathom the idea of not smoking for a day haha