Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone else hate the word "pot"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hellbent, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Yeah, pot and dope especially are terrible nicks for weed. I like weed, bud, and reef ("Yo, you copped the reef?"). Weed, pot, and marijuana are buzzwords. Bud and reef are words that if someone wasn't listening to your conservation from the beginning, they wouldn't pick up on the drug reference. On the other hand, someone minding their own business who hears "pot" or "weed" will often get very attentive and start eavesdropping.

What I hate is when you're talking to someone you met recently and you say something about getting high, and they ask "On what?" -____________-.

-Leaf

2. Dope,Trees,Ganja,Bud.....I use them my friend is obsessed with the word dope, its funny shit

3. I don't really mind it what anyone else calls it except when people say dope it can be a bit confusing sometimes (especially if you are acquaintences with people who do smack).

But usually I refer to it as weed, green, mj, bud, or my personal favourite, chronic (or chron). It doesn't bother me when people call it pot though *shrug*. Overall, dope has got to be my least favourite.

4. i hate when people say pot also.
    i totally feel you on that.. its so... ..... ... negative!
    i dont know if thats the right word to explain it, but i just dislike when people use it in most contexts

5. I hate the word pot because everyone who is against burning calls it pot.

6. The word "pot" just sounds bad, I hate the phrase/word 'pothead'

I mainly use bud or grass
    MJ when I'm feeling too lazy to say something, which is indeed possible.

7. I call it nug. Everything else is outdated and I hate when old people say "smoking pot".

8. What's worse, Dope or Pot?

Both used by suburban mothers.

9. I this answer..

10. I like the word Herb

11. Yeah i hate the word "pot" thats why i blaze seeds ONLY

12. i say herb, bud, pot (rarely) and weed.

i mostly say bud, herb when im high, pot when im making fun of the anti burners, and weed just whenever.

13. pot,marijuana, and weed are all negative. A weed implys that its a plant that is unwanted and/or a nuisance. Clearly cannabis is not a weed by that definition. marijuana we all know was originally used as a derogatory slang it actually is a weed that grows in mexico but has nothing to do with cannabis. Pot, i have no idea what that means or why its used to describe a plant. Pot to me is negative i dont know why but it seems everyone who is against it uses the word pot. But thats just in my experience. But anyway to answer the question yes i hate the word pot the most!

14. I think these two are me least favorite.

I'll stick to "green" :)

15. Yeah, i hate "pot" and "dope".

I usually say nug or bud. Anything else is just too long or derogatory towards the plant, IMO :D

16. Yeah, i hate "pot" and "dope".

I usually say nug or bud. Anything else is just too long or derogatory towards the plant, IMO :D

17. "Pot" DOES sound kind of negative. Oh well.

18. #119 Shanx420, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    I guess it just depends where you live, but the only people I've ever heard say pot were people using it in a negative or ignorant way.

It's just for me it's always been kinda like this: Like if someone were to use the word Pot most likely the sentence would sound something like, "...And they were all fucked up on pot".

And if someone used weed in a sentence it miost commonly would sound something like, "Hey, we were thinking of getting weed later, wanna come?".

Obviously weed slang terms are just a regional thing, but that's why i personally hate the word pot lol. If you asked me if I smoke pot it would be like calling my girlfriend a bitch lol. No I smoke Weed!/Herb!/Cannabis! lol.

Plus I feel like if i was ever to call weed Pot, it would have to be some shwaggeh.. Good weed deserves a better word, like DANK! lol

19. Ya man i hate when people say pot. That's what my mom used to call it, and she is super against it. I can see why people don't like weed but i usually call it that or bud. I also like cannabis. Ganja is cool too. I will sometimes say trees or green.