Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone else hate the word "pot"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hellbent, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Yeah my mom calls it "pot" also and to me it's kinda lame sounding cause nobody around here says it. My friends used to call it "reefer" (back in HS) or "weed." I mostly call it "Mj."

2. i hate when people call it "dope" even more. especially when they make a look on their face like someone mentioned Lord Voldemort or something

3. It depends on who i'm talking to at the time... if I'm talking to a cop it's marijuana, not grass. lol

4. but most of the time it's grass, green, reefer, or bud. the four classics, man.

5. my sister does. she smokes weed dont get me wrong.
    but she really hates when people call is "pot"
    so i call it "PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT"

i dont like when people call it dope.
    i gotta a button that says "stop calling it dope" pretty jokes

6. it's called dope cause it dumbs ya down for a bit...

7. I mildly dislike "pot"

hmmm I like thinking of it as mj.
    I usually end up calling it pot though.
    Even though, it does sound like it is intionally used by the anti-mary jane agendas because it sounds so stupid.

Mary jane is a nice...what's the word...euphamism for it.
    Thinking of Mary jane as a girl who just wants to make you happy with big breasts of THC :D

wtf did I just say....

8. i just call it what fucking ever happens to come out of my mouth at the time......

i think i may have used almost every name mentioned here at one time or another.....

but seriously i love pot!!!!!

i smoke pot!!!!!!

i am a pothead!!!!!!!

maybe its just my age?

are you really going to be offended if i say to you...."lets go smoke some pot!"

repost-cus if you didnt listen the first time you should now!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aV7CoZ84fM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Let's go smoke some pot - dash rip rock[/ame]

9. I agree i don't prefer the term pot. even before I smoked herb i just thought the word pot made it sound bad. so recently my friends and i have jokingly been pronouncing it similar to the word boat, but with a p.basically just changing the 'au' sound in pot into just an 'o'.

10. i agree, only parents and people who don't smoke frequently seem to say pot.

11. pot and dope piss me off so much but i guess it's probably just a generation thing

12. ME! My dad uses that word and its sooooo annoying.

13. yo i feel you man i dont feel the word pot ever since i got into smoking i just always disliked the term

14. I fucking hate that word man. Pot is like a 70's slang for weed. My parents use it and it drives me nuts. Nobody uses that word anymore on a daily basis. That word is barely in my vocabulary. Unless im joking around before im about to go smoke and im like " Lets smoke some pot mannn". Like sarcasticly.

15. bud is the term i go by

16. I call it pot all the time, but i have always smoked with people over fifty so thats what i was taught that it was. I knew what pot meant way before i knew what cannabis was. I hate callin it dope cause thats more like H.

17. I don't hate "pot" but I never use it. I usually say tree, green, or bud, and sometimes ganj or ganja.

18. I don't mind the word pot but I hate when people who smoke are referred to as "pot-heads." To me, that's like calling everyone who drinks an alcoholic. It just sounds so negative.

19. i hate the words pot and dope. Dope is heroin and pots are what you cook shit in

20. #80 eLeVeN 11, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    i don't mind the word pot but i really hate the word dope.

edit- fuck i got reset to 0 post...