Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone else hate the word "pot"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hellbent, Jan 27, 2010.

1. I like calling it dope-on a -rope also.:smoke:

2. I don't hate it. The only word I hate is moist.. but that's another subject.
    I just don't like using it because I always here a lot of people using that in a negative term..
    I prefer ganj or green, but I normally talk about it in sizes.. "lets go smoke a bowl." "know where to get a g, eighth, quarter?" etc. etc. Or if I'm selling "need bud?" always seems to just sound great :D
    yaaaknoww...

3. People who call it dope really kill me.
    I hate that shit,

4. I hate the word pot, it sends off negative vibes sometimes. I can't verify 100% but i'm pretty sure the nickname Pot comes from the Spanish word potiguaya, which means marijuana leaves. It's a Mexican-Spanish word.:hello:

5. watch that vid i posted with the blond girl she explains it

6. yes yes i do

7. yeah, I just went back and saw that, must have missed it the first time. Cool vid brotha.

8. Myself, and my friends, call it mohamahama, or super happy fun leaves.

9. Why does anyone care what in the hell you call it...........as long as it works.

10. I hate that word too, It's either bud or green for me. Unless I'm on the phone with my friends, then it's called "zucchini", as in I just got some real nice zucchini, bro. lol

11. I prefer grass ... always have

12. I usually go with herb or green. If it's a conversation with my husband I'll usually just call it "stuff" (wink, wink, nudge)

13. pot isnt as bad as dank, but i normally call it bud or green.:smoke:

14. Can't believe only one person has called it Herb. That's what I call it, because that's what it is: an herb.

15. Ganja or Mary Jane - pretty names for a pretty plant. Pot and Weed sound disrespectful; they're like stoner slander!

16. i hate the word pot!

my mom always uses it and it bugs me so much, idk why really, it just makes it sound not good

17. I agree, I guess I don't necessarily hate the word "pot" I just don't think it is a very appropriate name for the product. I like to call it what it is, mostly using "herb" or "green" or "dank".

Sometimes though, I spice things up a bit and use new slang words with my friends just for the hell of it, for example these might be a few ways to do this:
    -"Hey lets get some of them sticky green leaves later, what do you say?"
    -"You wanna throw down 30 bucks on some dankity-dank with me?"
    -"Mara, wanna?"

Also, I recently observed that just about NOBODY refers to it as plain old marijuana. "Hey bro, can i get a bag of marijuana from you?" <--Seriously when have you ever heard that shit!

So, yeah..Marijuana. Try it!

18. IMO Bud, green, nugs, weed

4 best words for marijuana

19. pot to me sounds like a loaded term that people use to make it sound criminal. i know thats not a legitamate case, but anyone ive ever heard calling my bud "pot" says it like its a bad thing. so thats just my personal reason of why i hate that word haha

20. Absolutely hate "pot". Whenever I hear "Do you smoke pot?" or "blah blah blah pot"...I wanna be like "shut the fuck up, pot sounds fucking stupid"