Does anyone else get this from drinking?

Discussion in 'General' started by Parable, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Well, to start this off - I love my alcohol, preferably beer.
    (I drink at least 5-6 days out of the week)

Recently I started to get this odd feeling..
    It's like.. a quick moment of dizziness, as if my equilibrium goes off balance for a moment or so.
    I mean, I don't lose my balance or anything. It's almost like 'drinkers clarity' i guess.

Idk, it's hard to explain.

Inb4 quit drinking problem solved.

2. I get dizzy when I drink...I think that's normal...hehe

3. But I mean the day after, when you're not drunk.
    It's like a quick sudden feeling of dizziness.

4. is it followed by tingling in your arms lol?

5. This happened to my skinny little room mate once after a week of heavy drinking.

Probably just a health related issue.

Don't know why. Probably because 5-6 days you are ingesting poison.

If it doesn't bother you, then keep drinking lol.
    If it bothers you, then take a break.

6. I just Wanna talk!

7. Yep.

Drink more fluids.

8. <--- fan of the beers as well

man that would be horrible, hopefully you were just a little dehydrated or something :(

9. I'm not really following your question man. Is it right when you first start drinking or at the end of a drinking night?

10. He said its the next day

11. Dehydration can lead to dizziness or delusional type feelings.. I always keep a Gatorade in the freezer for my late nights

12. #12 Parable, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    I don't think its related to being dehydrated - I haven't had any alcohol all day and the feeling is still present.

Nope, no tingling in my arms or any wheres else.

I see. I am skinny - 165lbs, but I'm not little.
    I can drink a lot despite my size.

If it's a health related issue I'd really like to know. Maybe you could ask your buddy for me?

It's not that bad, don't think it's because I'm dehydrated though. :\

It's the next day, after I wake up.

Note: I just noticed that the feeling usually occurs when I have to turn my head fast or when I quickly look at something.

13. Do you have shooting pains in your arm?

14. Based on the "turn your head" thing.... you could be developing vertigo man... inbalance of the fluids in your ears n shit...

Id get it checked out if it persists, but id also stop drinking for a few days/weeks and see if it stops

15. But have you had enough water today to make up for the dehydration from the alcohol?

Not drinking alcohol all day is one thing, but you gotta hydrate too. :p

16. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

But have you had enough water today to make up for the dehydration from the alcohol?

Not drinking alcohol all day is one thing, but you gotta hydrate too. :p[/quote]

The key, as simple as it may seem, to alcohol dehydration is to end your night with a huge glass of 25% gatorade and 75% water, then wake up, finish the gatorade, and drink a glass of water

Gatorade helps you hold water, where as alcohol does the opposite

17. Of course. I drink a lot, whether it's an alcohol beverage or not. [​IMG]

Hmmm. This seems to be dead on, I just did some research on vertigo and alcohol.
    Apparently alcohol can effect the vestibular system and can also change the fluid in the inner ears.

I'll take your advice and stop drinking for a few weeks.
    Thanks, SIRSOG. :smoke: +rep

18. [quote name='"Parable"']

Of course. I drink a lot, whether it's an alcohol beverage or not.

Hmmm. This seems to be dead on, I just did some research on vertigo and alcohol.
    Apparently alcohol can effect the vestibular system and can also change the fluid in the inner ears.

I'll take your advice and stop drinking for a few weeks.
    Thanks, SIRSOG. :smoke: +rep[/quote]

Yea man! My friend has very very mild vertigo, he can't go to theme parks n shit, but when he drinks... it looks like he is walking during an earthquake or something man. He can barely stand after a few drinks... he isn't even drunk lol... he just looks like he's super suuuper drunk though. Its ridiculous

19. Hahaha that must be a trip. ;) :laughing:
    But, it's not like I'm losing my balance or anything, it's just... weird. Like a feeling of deja vu.
    Haha, yeah, I think I should definitely quit on drinking... After tonight. :p

20. [quote name='"Parable"']

Hahaha that must be a trip. ;) :laughing:
    But, it's not like I'm losing my balance or anything, it's just... weird. Like a feeling of deja vu.
    Haha, yeah, I think I should definitely quit on drinking... After tonight. :p[/quote]

Haha yea, it doesn't happen to him every time, but some nights he will feel good, have one too many, which too me n my friends is like.... 5 under not enough hahaha and he gets reeeealllly whacked when it hits he says it feels like falling long distances at high speeds