Does anyone else get really antisocial when high?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hashesh, Oct 19, 2012.

1. This happens to me a lot
    it might be just me spacing out a lot, but at other times I wont stfu haha

2. Yup. Just the way I've always been. 11 years of smoking hasn't changed that.

Hence the reason I mostly smoke alone. Everybody wants to run their mouths while high. I don't. I want to chill and think about shit, not listen to other people talk about bullshit.

3. Anymore than I am? No.

Pretty lonely cloud.:cool:

4. every time. so bad. i feel like everyone is watching me, and when i talk i fuck up and stutter and mix shit up. i MUCH prefer getting high alone, or with the gf, or with my best friend. maybe my entire night crew sometimes. and their friends.

5. You took the words right outta my mouth. :)

6. Very

If im smoking with people who i can act myself around then i can be quite the comdedian

7. Sativa makes me a yapper and Indica people are saying "look at this fool" :smoking:

8. :)

We're so inundated with shit nowadays from all directions that weed is like my sanctuary from the world. When I get high it's my time to forget the bullshit of life and just go with the flow. I don't want to listen to people talk about their problems; nor do I want to think or talk about my own.

9. I think the Indica vs. Sativa thing might explain why i'm socially awkward sometimes while being talkative and jittery with other highs, but I feel like sometimes even if I smoke Sativa i'd still be in loner stoner mode

10. I'm glad I saw this thread I talk much less while high. Its not my tolerence either I have a high o but if I smoke with a few people ill just stop talking and talk sometimes if someone iks talking to me

11. #11 *guest, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

Same here.

I kinda hate smoking with other people, because it just makes me 10x more socially awkward than I already am. :laughing:

I prefer to smoke alone, for sure.

I actually met up with a fellow blade once who smoked me out a few butane oil hits from a killer bong... I spent probably the next hour or so we were there staring at the sky not saying a word or playing fetch with his dog. :p

I'm sure I was pretty much the least entertaining person in the world at that point. ;)

12. My most unsocial MJ experience for sure was the first time I went to a dab bar and smoked wax. Two hits and I sat on my ass in dead silence for like half an hour totally ignoring everyone around me because I couldn't move. Or think.
    Typically tho I'm a chatty cathy.

13. It's pretty nice knowing I'm not alone in this regard haha. It seems like all my friends turn into motor mouths when high, and I'm just sitting there off in another world.

14. #14 Mogwai, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    I do pretty bad, regardless of who I'm with. I've been working on it and I'm making progress though. I'm quite sober though, so it just gets worse when I smoke. But being more social when sober seems to be helping me when I smoke but I still get pretty quiet.

It sucks too because I'm meeting all these people at work and weed is usually the common interest that gets us talking. Eventually they're like we need to smoke sometime and I'll be like yeah for sure, but in the back of my head I'm like ehh. I usually end up hitting them up and drinking and then we smoke, so it works out for me. Even when I drink while I smoke I get quiet, but not nearly as much as if I just smoke

The thing is it's not because I get paranoid that I get quite (though once in a rare while I do get paranoid), its just that I would rather sit back and observe and analyze than talk. Like if I'm with friends, I like to just listen to the discussions and only jump in when I actually have something worth saying.

15. Hmm... There's people round at my place every day, but I prefer to just sit in my room alone smoking weed, making or listening to music and reading/thinking about things. I've always been like that though really. I'll have smoked for exactly half of my life next February.
    To be honest, I'm kind of bored of this town. Contemplating moving to London, Northern Ireland, or Spain.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtwljeQgW0g[/ame]

16. having dogs around is such a "zen" experience for me when i get stoned.. i dont smoke much at all these days, so when i do i get STONED. and when i get stoned i just like, collapse into my own mind..and want nothing to do with the people around me.. but having a dog nearby not only allows me to escape from my own mind, but it calms me down..

and I SWEAR TO JAH, that dogs know AND can understand your state of mind and totally will help out the situation.:smoking::smoking:

i really think they should give dogs to people who are depressed or suicidal... there was this program that got shut down where they gave soldiers returning from combat,, an animal to take care of.. and it had HIGH percentage of helping the soldiers.. but like the classic amerikan government, they took away a good thing:mad:

17. Yes, very.

18. I agree, so much. I have a companion service dog for my schizophrenia, a husky. He's basically just there to help me not get overwhelmed in trigger situations. He's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and by far the greatest asset I have in handling my illness. Most people take their dogs for granted, but they really can be a source of healing if you allow it.

19. I do think a good portion of that whole "dog understanding" thing is more about them realizing that you're suddenly totally down for an hour long game of fetch. :laughing:

You're totally right though. I get stoned at a house with a dog and suddenly all human conversation is irrelevant, I'm just going to play with this fuckin' dog... :p

20. #20 Scuzzbutt, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    What else is there to say expect that I also agree completely. Without the dogs I love, I honestly do not think I would be staying above water with my depression. Sometimes its really special to just be able to talk, or cry, or laugh and even show affection to them and get back the same affection that I lack or for whatever reason am unable to express openly with those close to me.

I think I might pursue a career in animal rescue or a charity outreach organization that uses dogs, similar to how they have equestrian healing centers or whatever they are called haha.

EDIT: Forgot to address the original question at hand, but yes I do end up becoming very quiet and introverted, I smoke alone about 95% of the time. I pack the bowl, fire in the hole, and reflect on things or groove to some music most of the time.