Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone else ever notice how bad a joint/bowl near the end?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bego, Apr 12, 2009.

1. I very much like the first pull, but then it gets worse and worse as it gets rezzed up, to the point where the drags have to be very very small and they taste so bad they almost command a drink right after and leave a horrible after taste.

How does everyone prevent this? Or is it just a fact of life when smoking marijuana?

2. Dont hit it anymore if its that bad, it probably means there is little thc still in there so its not even worth taking the hit, Just say it kicked

3. I like the end of the blunts, those last few hits I make them good and they hurt.

4. We smoke them until the is literally nothing left. Like it vanished into thin air or something:metal:

5. mhm, fun to do. and hold a lighter to the part you inhale on for a bit, but not touching. watch it smoke, for a little while, then hit it. i believe it makes it quite a bit nicer.

6. Clean your smoking untensil and roll better joints.

7. my friends and i always describe that last hit or two as being poopy. as in hey many its getting kinda poopy there may or may not be a hit left. we make it a game on who can get the last good hit. i would say 95% of the time my buddies and i smoke till the bowl pulls and everyone hates it when the hit pulls on them and fills their mouth full of ash but for us its just part of the game. but on another note ive noticed with almost every bowl that ive smoked out of that after the first hit where it tastes poopy its got maybe 2 hits before its 100% cashed out. so you can use it as an early warning of when the bowl is done.

8. haha me and all my friends smoke that shit till its like powdered ash where if you tip the bowl upside down or blow on it a little bit all the ash comes out but we only do this if we are low on weed and trying to get as high as possible

9. this sounds like an apperentice question, thats just me. well the last rip is ussally mostly ash with just enuff plant material to geta hit so of course taht will be gross, and near the end of a joint its very resinonous, so that cant be the best thing ever

10. I usually blaze out of my pipe, and to prevent wastage and maximum THC intake, i smoke the bowl till A) there's nothing left in the bowl, or B) theres just a bunch of white ash

I agree that it does taste kind of poopy, but im usually too stoned to mind it. basically, if you don't like the taste, don't smoke it.

11. #11 mattc707, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    If I'm smoking at home, I pack 'snaps' every time. That way you don't get that nasty 2nd and 3rd and 4th hit. I don't pull the ash through every time at all, just basically roast bowls in one hit :D But that's always with tubes. With dry pieces I'll usually pack a 3-4 hit or so bowl, and sometimes I do get the nasty taste, but usually if I'm hitting a dry I'm kinda on the run and don't have time to re pack every hit.

12. #12 Barnkis, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    I pack snaps if I'm chilling by myself.

But I'm a bit of a cannabis connousieur, I always pack a new bowl and never smoke it till it's ash. when it gets black, it gets tossed.

That's bongs by the way. For a pipe i load up a 3-4 hit bowl that way it's not too ashy and it doesn't get sucked through. And I just roll good joints :)

13. i know a lotta seasoned tokers and like drug dealers who smoke free pot and shit, as do i but not at the same level. Anyways, they will empty a bowl when theres still several rips in it, claimin it doesnt taste good anymore. o well. My buddies brother used to always do that when he lived at home, and would borrow my buddies spoon, so we could like live off his half used bowls. haha

14. hell yeah. around here we call it a "wu-tang" when you suck the roach down your throat.
    :smoking:

15. fact of life...
    but the better quality weed, the better it is...
    or vice-versa...

:smoking:

16. if u wanna get really super duper high, then keep pulling. sometimes i smoke a bowl till there is literally nothing left, or a joint/blunt till it burns my lips. The better your weed tastes and smells will usually affect when u reach the point where it just tastes terrible. For example, if u just pakced a huge bowl, and the weed smells/tastes like ass munch, u will probably start to get that terrible taste after a few hits.

17. I've heard that you can sprinkle some iced-tea powder or some other flavored powder over your weed to inhance the taste of it if its shwag or doesn't taste good. I dunno though, haven't tried it, but I probably will tomorrow.

18. that would be nice. maybe next time i smoke with my guys i could actually act like their weed is good.

19. Get a glass blunt!
    Every hit is greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen :smoking:

20. Don't complain if they're smoking you out. It makes you look like a douchebag. And I'm sorry but putting iced tea powder on herb is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I can't imagine that being okay for you.

But back to the main topic, try using a bong with cold water and ice.