Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anybody else not get that high from joints?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RWK Nova, Apr 23, 2010.

1. im with you man its all about getting high everyone needs to calm the fuck down.

2. Woah where did all this come from i leave for a couple min. to get something to eat and play a game on xbox and come back to see all this fighting. I was just wanting to see what everybody else thought but thanks sinsemillaplease. I also have smoked out of blunts,different glass pipes, vapes,bongs,and joints rolled by different people and even machines that roll and the joints are all the same they don't get me that high i take a good nice inhale then hold for 3-5 sec. and exhale also I have smoked joints at different times of the day,and i smoked them fast like 1 joint every 2min. and ive took my time and joints are a waste i think unless you want to catch a small buzz. id rather just unroll the joint and pack 2-3 bowls or even more and get blazed as shit.now everybody just :smoking::smoking::smoking: or :bongin::bongin::bongin:

3. all i know, is when i roll about 1 gram into a joint (and i roll perfected joints), i don't get NEARLY as high as when i pack about .2 into my bong

I just spent about 20 mins searching the web cause now im curious. and i read about 10 different links that seemed to be very reliable, and all but 2 supported the fact that you get way more thc out of glass than paper. im not saying whos right or whos wrong, im just saying im now officially sticking with my glass:bongin:

4. pfft. only if you tell stories around the camp fire and let that thing burn.

how does it really lose thc besides the lost smoke from letting it burn on its own? its being burnt and inhaled the same way in a pipe.

5. joints fuck me up good.

6. Hmmm, I get high off joints and I enjoy them lots. I get a different high than I do with a bowl. I wouldn't say it was more high though. The key to getting high off a joint is to smoke it quick. Don't take big breaks or it will smoke up. I read on a website recently...... that joints are suppose to get you higher because you smoke the resin with the paper, with bowls the resin is left behind so therefore you are not getting as high as you can, maybe faster, but not higher......but thats all hear say and I don't feel like googling and giving a website.

7. if you're smoking a 1gram jay and you're not high you doin it wrong....

8. In response to the original question - I don't get that high from joints either. I've smoked joints by people who exclusively smoke joints and they get ripped, but I prefer to break up a nice nug and smoke it out of a bubbler or spoon. I use less, I get ripped, I'm happy.

Smoking methods are all personal preference, the science means little - just smoke what makes you happy. Who cares otherwise?

9. well maybe i have some sort of extra lung that only joint smoke goes into and the thc doesn't get absorbed. O yea im for-realz man:bongin:

10. If you're smoking joints and NOT getting higher than when smoking out of glass with the same amount of weed, then you don't know how to smoke a joint. :)

11. I'd say more like don't know how to roll a joint. It's gonna get smoked the same way but there's a big difference in how much you get out of it when you take a little extra time to roll it and it's not all sloppy.

12. Agreed.

13. i aint saying no one is right or wrong... but something to think about:

J cherries burn much, MUCH hotter than the vaping temperature of THC and most of the cannabinoids. Depending on how often you hit it and how its rolled, a J can be either relatively efficient or extremely inefficient.

I am curious tho: How does a J have less tar content and be "more" efficient than a bong or pipe? Think about it tho... a J is essentially a burnable paper with herb in it, while a pipe is a glass peice with the herb in it. If ANYTHING, you would think the J would have MORE tar, as paper is burning in addition to weed. In the glass bowl or bong, all that is burning is the weed and possible resin; both which get you high.

It just doesnt make sense to me....

But either way, vaping and edibles are the way to go :hello::hello:

14. Bongs get me MUCH more baked than joints/blunts do. And it takes a LOT less weed.

15. I say someone should have an actual test.

Try .3g in a J, .3 in a bong, and .3 in a pipe on 3 different days with the same type of herb and report results.

All must be smoked in 20 minutes.

16. no sir.. can't say i have that problem.

17. And in the end, everyone fuckin' reacts differently to MJ. One guy will get floored off 1 bowl but need 3 j's to get the same effect while some other dude is the opposite.

You'll never really know bah's.

18. Joints are my least favorite way to smoke. Every time one of my friends rolls up a joint I want to kick him in the ass. Maybe for 1 person it does -something- but passing a joint around a circle? C'mon... that's just stingy. Most of the time I want to just pass on the joint but I know nothing else will be coming my way so I suck it up and get "half high". So ridiculous.

19. This has to be a joke....right?

20. Alright so heres my opinion on all this. I'm not saying anything based on scientific evidence, just by personal experience. Joints tend to not get me as high as a bowl I feel. Maybe it's because whenever I've smoked a J alone I always take shorter hits so I can take another hit quickly in an attempt to waste as little bud as possible via side stream. I don't roll perfect cone shaped joints (I do know a few who do though, and I still tend to not get as blitzed as a bowl/bong) but I've had the people who do roll good joints tell me mine are rolled pretty good, considering I'm not into joints so rolling isn't the issue. Anyways, bowls have always been my thing (Bongs used to be my favorite, but my $200 bong was confiscated and I got too pissed to buy another one :mad:) So I usually use bowls unless someones bong is around. Also, I pack small bowls so I can keep hitting it without releasing ANY side stream smoke (for when I smoke alone). It's sort of a pain to keep packing small bowls and to keep re lighting but for me it saves shit loads of bud and gets me BLAZED. I see a lot of arguing on this thread with all this "I have scientific evidence" blah blah blah....who the fuck cares - if you don't get blizted on joints don't smoke and if ya don't like glass smoke joints simple as that. No need to go research and sit here and arguing with fellow stoners which method is most "efficient" I suppose it is different for everyone.