Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anybody else not get that high from joints?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RWK Nova, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Whenever i smoke joints i pack about 1 gram into each and i dont really get high at all i can smoke two bowls and ill get high but it takes 3+ 1 gram joints to get the same high. Anybody else have the same problem.

2. Yes, it's because joints deliver less THC than smoking devices do.

3. prove it

4. RWK Nova, a complete third party, just proved it.

Can you not read what he said? It takes him 3x the amount of joints it does with bowls.

5. Prove it doesn't.

6. cool. but the studys dont show that.

7. Yea, I dunno about that man. I get BAKED from joints, their among my top favorite ways to smoke, only being beaten by bongs in some aspects.

Take those hits deep man, hold for 2-5 seconds and exhale.. some people say coughing gets you more high, I'm not going to look for a quote on that though.

:smoking:

8. I get more high off bowls, definitely, but if you want to stay high all day using the least amount of bud joints are the best answer. Carrying them as cigarettes and smoking when necessary is the best way in my estimation.

9. I feel that exact same way. I always get less high from smoking one joint then from smoking one bowl. And I'm pretty sure that studies show that joints deliver the lowest amount of thc.

10. To fill a joint it takes about 2 and half bowls. I only smoke about 1 and half bowls per sesh, 2 or 3 seshes a day. I get higher with the bowls, even though I'm using less weed.

I only smoke joints when I have to (glass isn't an option, i.e. walking down the street)

11. haha yes they do...

12. yea i agree OP. they just don't do much for me.

13. I like joints now as an experienced herb, but in my days of marijuana infancy I smoked probably 20 times without getting high, all with a joint.:( Finally I bought a pipe and it did the trick ;)

14. Now that you mention it, I tried rolling joints the first few times and all it did was taste like shit and burn my throat. We made a home-made bong, went to the forest one day and we got fucking riiiiiiiipppedd.

15. #15 sinsemillaplease, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    Because you personally can't roll joints that don't endlessly slipstream smoke into the air. Also joints deliver thc more slowly than pipes. They burn at their own speed. That results in a longer high with a lower peak effect.

Wrong... completely 100% false. There is a NORML/MAPS study that completely contradicts you with scientific evidence. munchieguy is right.

Bongs are actually the least efficient as far as thc/tar ratio. THC sticks to glass and the user never gets to inhale it. So many of you fail to observe the fact that both paper and glass smoking devices slipstream smoke into the air depending on how they are packed. They can also both be put out between hits. That means thc loss due to slipstreaming is user controllable.

16. The only thing completely 100% false here is your post. Joints don't give a longer high. The paper is very thin and thus you're always getting a very green hit as the rest of the bud with resin on it and only a little THC still caked on falls off. The result? A faster delivery of bud while sacrificing economic efficiency.

Also, between smoking devices (excluding vapes), longer highs correlate with higher peaks. It's impossible to get a shorter high with a higher peak by smoking a different way.

17. If you are referring to the 10 year old thing he linked, then you need to read what the fuck was on that page. Those "scientists" said that Vapes give 10x more tar than joints do, and that THC is soluable in water.

Which, obviously, is false. Munchieguy is wrong along with yourself. Joints are the most inefficient way of getting high.

18. thank you for the reinforcement man, blades these days:rolleyes:. i actually tryed to argue with this guy but he is stubborn. dont waste ur time

19. You take my comebacks and use them like you're a genius. I'm done arguing with this joint shit, joints are inferior to smoking devices, end o' story.

20. #20 sinsemillaplease, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    Yeah these dudes fail to understand the scientific method. It's ok though. Blades already know better so they're not hurting anything. Just blowing steam and wasting their time. :wave:

They've got anecdotes... here's the scientific conclusion

"The unfiltered joint scored surprisingly well in smoking efficiency, coming in second place with a transfer rate close to 20%."

"Surprisingly, the unfiltered joint outperformed all devices except the vaporizers, with a ratio of about 1 part cannabinoids to 13 parts tar."

"Disappointingly, waterpipes performed uniformly worse than the unfiltered joint. The least bad waterpipe, the bong, produced 30% more tar per cannabinoids than the unfiltered joint. Ironically, the pipe with the electric mixer scored by far the worst of any device. This suggests that water filtration is actually counterproductive, apparently because water tends to absorb THC more readily than other, noxious tars. "

"Like the waterpipes, the cigarette filter also performed worse than the unfiltered joint, by about 30%. Researchers speculate this is because cannabinoids are exceptionally sticky and adhere to other solids. Hence, any filtration system that picks up particulates is likely also to screen out cannabinoids."