Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anybody else not get that high from joints?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RWK Nova, Apr 23, 2010.

1. honestly, it's probably how it was rolled, i can roll me a nice J with about .6 and get lit. it's all about the technique man. but hey, to each their own right!

2. Whether or not bongs are inferior in THC:tar is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT! What's relevant is how much of the cannabinoids are absorbed into your body. Not just THC, but the other 200+ (whatever the number is) cannabinoids in marijuana. Joints obviously fail at that because not only does the high temperature destroy a lot of them, but the hot smoke makes it impossible for you to absorb as much smoke as from a bong.

So get your head out of your fucking ass.

3. swish

4. hmmmm 3000 + posts and a shitload of rep
    vs
    some 2000 odd posts and not a lot of rep

hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

5. forum credibility is often the deciding factor in...oh wait.

6. #26 sinsemillaplease, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    You talk a lot... I wonder why their isn't a single shred of scientific evidence to support your rambling. Do you really think the ramblings of a child on the internet can possibly convince anyone who is even a little sophisticated and approaches their understanding of life from a scientific perspective? There are several scientific studies (all readily available on GC) that back up the fact that joints are more efficient than glass pieces when rolled properly.

Are we to believe you simply because you're you? You're just an internet goon with a loyal friend. Or just the same person pathetically backing yourself up. :confused_2: Whichever you are I feel sorry for you.

7. Books > internet > kids on the internet

Books and internet web pages have told me opposite. Who will I believe?

8. btw you would think that sensi is biased because he has an extensive collection, but this clearly shows that even HE admits that joints are just as good if not better than glass. i have about $300 worth of glass (not much but its still growing lol) and i admit that the $2 joint is better than my glass.

9. We've presented our evidence.... so present yours. I already know it doesn't exist as I've reviewed every study conducted on the matter.... but please entertain me.

California NORML/MAPS Smoking Device Study

10. here comes the funny part where they offer the "filler" hypothesis:laughing:

11. you don't even know his name you fucking herb

12. Bongs filter out bad things like tar, among many others, allowing for more THC to be inhaled in 1 hit. That is common knowledge.

13. now you are just trolling

14. You haven't read the research. Here's a brief summary I gave someone else before in the "bongs are actually bad" thread.

15. THC is not water soluable. If you're saying I'm wrong then drink your bong water to get ALL that ABSORBED THC.

16. Loki, your ignorance kills me. All I can picture is a 14 year old child plugging his ears yelling 'lalalalalala'. The facts are clear and obvious. The people with sources, studys and research have a much better case than 1 or 2 random members saying " My opinion is fact ". I , and im sure many others, will take your posts into account if you provide proof and sources.

17. I don't own my sources nor do I have them on hand, ready on demand. And actually it was the other way around, this munchieguy came in here claiming he was right telling me what I read in fucking books, was wrong.

Again..scary to see how stupid some people are. God damn..

18. #38 xxjcloudstylesxx, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    /facepalm

I really think it's different for everyone. Some people are biased toward joints, blunts, pipes, bongs, vapes, and any other smoking method that you have. I know some people who say they don't get that blazed from smoking a jay and coincidently, they don't really roll jays that often. Meanwhile on my side of things I'll roll up a nice jay and get pleasantly stoned. I'm just going to put it out there that some people admit they don't get that high from jays meanwhile the other guy will; I don't know what that means exactly but it definitely has some play in it.

I know your(not directed toward anyone) facts, I've read them before and yes I understand how high this and that will get you. I don't think it's worth arguing past these facts though because once fact is establish, it is what it is(I'll be honest here and say that I've heard two different sides of the story plenty of times). I will conclude with saying, yo just smoke whatever you feel will get you the highest. That's what it's all about anyway.

19. :rolleyes:

20. #40 sinsemillaplease, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    THC is water soluble to a very limited extent. Enough so that when bongs stain with resin it never sticks below the water line because it is carried away in the water. That is proof enough but there is also science to back it up.

Some wikipedia lovin'

"In pure form, it is a glassy solid when cold and becomes viscous and sticky if warmed. An aromatic terpenoid, THC has a very low solubility in water, but good solubility in most organic solvents."

And the cold hard science

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Chemical name (-)-(6aR,10aR)-6,6,9-trimethyl-
    3-pentyl-6a,7,8,10a-tetrahydro-
    6H-benzo[c]chromen-1-ol
    Chemical formula C21H30O2
    Molecular mass 314.46 g/mol
    Boiling point 200 C
    Solubility 2.8 g/l (water, 23 C)
    CAS number 1972-08-3

BOOM!