Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does age affect how the weed affects you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WakoJako, Feb 13, 2009.

1. #1 WakoJako, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    Just wondering as to what might happen when you get older...

Also is the effect stronger or weaker on people under-18?

And does the age of the weed matter?

2. Dont think it affects the user different.

Just the tolerance side of things maybe.

3. I'd say yes. I don't get anywhere near as high as these days compared to when I was a teenager, even though the weed I get now is much stronger.

4. Thats the effect of tolerance I'd say not so much that you were younger.

I don't think that age effects your high

5. This question has sparked my interest. From a developmental standpoint, from age 25 and onward, weed should have a similar effect on users, because this is when the brain (the frontal cortex, to be precise) is fully developed.

However prior to aging 25, your brain hasn't reached it's full potential, so I would assume that weed might effect users differently depending upon their level of development.

I would theorize that while many users will reply to this thread saying yes, as they aged weed effected them differently, it's due to how long and how much they've been smoking. For example, most marijuana users start prior to age 25, so a 30 year old claiming weed effects them differently when they were 17 is entirely correct, however that difference would be due to tolerance, rather than biological age.

That being said, I would bet that an 8 year old and a 45 year old hitting the same sized bowl would yield very different results.

Or I could just be talking out of my ass. That tends to happen from time to time