Does adderall help with having to function on lack of sleep?

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Dec 8, 2007.

1. My biggest problem with finals is not the finals themselves, but getting enough sleep before them. They are at like 9 am, and usually i do not get tired until 4 am most nights, so even if i try to go to bed at 10 and even take some melatonin, i will just lay there with my eyes closed for hours before i fall asleep. If i just disregard the amount of sleep i get, and pop an aderall when i wake up, will that counter the effects of lack of sleep for me? If i get below 7 hours, i am in really bad shape and i feel equivalent to a bad alcohol hangover. Thanks guys.

2. I would try it before you get to finals. You dont want to leave like 30% +/- of your grade in the hands of a speed derivative...

Coffee doesn't work? Cold shower maybe?

3. actually since this is law school, it is 100% of my grade. :eek: Final is on Sunday, so I may try it tommorow.

4. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just correcting for future reference.

Adderall is pure amphetamine salts, meaning it is speed, not just a derivative.

To the OP: How much adderall are we talking about? I wouldn't even bother trying it beforehand, simply because what do you have to lose? If you're not going to get the sleep anyways, you might as well do it on the day of and see if it helps, I don't see any way it could hinder your performance on the final. I wouldn't say it would completely get rid of the fatigue, but if you take the right dosage, on a full stomach (I only say this because the nausea Adderall causes on an empty stomach could detract from your performance), it will help get rid of some of it.

5. just 10mg of non XR. Any more than 10mg gets me ansy, 10 seems to be my sweet spot.

6. Well if you have experience with Adderall before, shouldn't you know whether it helps with fatigue? :p.

7. well no, because I only take it in the middle of the day when i want to study a lot, i've never tried taking it as a "wake up aid" before.

8. Try exercising for like 2 hours before bed. You'll be tired by the time you try to fall asleep.

:hello:eric:hello:

9. Yeah, if you REALLY want to get to sleep early, go on a loooong jog about three hours before you want to hit the sheets, then when you get back in do some calisthetics for an hour or so. Make sure you've got time to get that heart rate down though. Also, maybe you could smoke some ganj to help you sleep? That always helps me.

10. yea normally i would just smoke, but i always stop smoking temporarily for finals, so no smoking. :(