Does a veg room need carbon scrubber?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BurnoutRob420, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Hello i am building a box that is 27in x 27 in x 6 feet with 2 even compartments for veg and flowering (27x27x3ft), I am using 250 watt mh for veg and 250 watt HPS for veg. Obviously i will be using a fan for both compartments but do i need to filter the veg chamber or really it is only nescessary for the flowering chamber?

2. Depends on how stealth you are trying to be. After about a month of veg I could notice a slight smell even with just one plant.

If you are using one for flower use the same one for veg, just merge 2 seperate pipes into one with the filter on the end.

3. I would have to say yes. I had 4 Purple Kush plants growing in a tent and they were FUNKY as fuck while vegging, and that's only four plants.

4. I've had strains that stink worse in veg than they do in bloom. Yes, odor control is needed in both areas. IMO

5. OK so i will make a filter for both chambers thanks for info.

6. both of my grows, they smelled like plants, not pot. even a week or 2 into flowering, they don't smell. it depends on the strain, some are smellier than others

7. I have seedlings that are not even a month old and smell like dank. I picked up a mass super skunk clone a few months ago that smelled a lot in veg. I am going to be moving my carbon scrubber from the flower area to veg area and buying a bigger filter for my flower area before too long.

8. my kush stank the entire way.......veg or flower(don't use a odorsok, you'll smell it down the road).

but my nyc diesels in veg took the cake........Dank!