Does A Vape Hit Like An E-Cig? And Other 1St Time Vape Buyer Questions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Pot Pot, May 28, 2013.

1. #1 Pot Pot, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    I've just registered to these boards wondering whether I should spring for my first vape.

Does a vape hit like an e-cig? I've owned a V2 cig for a few months and I still cannot get over the drying-of-the-throat effect it has over me, occasionaly forcing uncontrollable bouts of coughing. In short, if a vape hits anything like an e-cig and it's liquid nicotine contents then a vaporizer is out of the picture.
    ----
    I receive an inconsistent supply utilizing a glass bowl as the preferred method of intake: one ounce can last a month at six to seven bowls a day.

...would an ounce of the same potency last a month if it were puffed through a vape instead of a glass bowl?
    ----
    Lastly, I've looked up magic box and thought it neat but I've been wondering if there were any other portable vapes out there requiring less set up/maintenance and made up of less replaceable (large) parts.

Thanks for any input!

bonus question when and why did you purchase your first vape?

2. Pretty much it's like the difference between smoking a cigarette and a joint, the throat hit is a bit different but comparable.

3. A real vaporizer doesn't hit anything like an e-cig. I have an Arizer EQ and a MFLB, both are smoother than an e-cig.
    If the warm dry air bothered you a small bong or bubbler will smooth it out.

4. I know exactly what you mean about the dry throat thing with the ecigs. That's pretty much why I stopped using mine (asside from losing the batteries) because id start coughing and getting cotton mouth after 4-5 hits.

I just sprung for my first vape yesterday, once it arrives I can tell ya how it compares IMO