Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

doctors appointment

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by illogical, Sep 1, 2011.

1. uh what happens if my doctor knows i smoke? like can i get arrested or will they just tell me its unhealthy? can they find out from blood tests? also does this mean i cant donate blood?

2. No you cannot get in trouble you and your doctor have confidentially agreement :hello:. Don't worry I told my doc I chief

3. Your fine, they can find out in tests, but they have never done anything about, their job is to make you better not bust your ass

4. If you are 18 (which you should be) he can't tell anyone else. He is probably going to make up some bullshit about how it is unhealthy for you and you should stop, he might even recommend you some classes you could go to to get clean.

Or maybe he won't care.

5. lol im 19. thats why i got a new doc. i cant go to a kids doc any more ( i really should have done this a long time ago XD ) but i'm glad they can't do shit. but if they start bitching at me i should get a good list of counter points so i can win XD

6. Always tell your doctors everything, they can't tell police or anyone because of doctor patient confidentiality and it will help them fully understand what is going on in your body. My doc just laughed and said I'll have to quit one day since I want to become one myself haha

7. You will find NO better resource than Storm Crow's famous "list", in which you will find enough info to keep any skeptic reading for YEARS. Just click the link in her siggy, you won't be sorry.;)

8. can i get a link to this list?

9. #9 poker2, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
    It is completely save for you to tell your doctor and for your doctor to know that you smoke marijuana.
    You can not get into any legal trouble.
    If you do tell your doctor theres pretty much three posibilties
    .....1) Doctor will tell you how bad it is
    .....2) Doctor will be okay with it (not too often)
    .....3) Doctor will not know much about it and should be open minded to learning

For your blood test question, you doctor will NOT know you smoked anything. These tests, look for other things such as your cholesterol for example.
    Only way for your doctor to find out through tests, is to give you a "drug test" which they must have your consent for first.

:smoke:

Here's that list :) http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

10. You wont win. You are debating health with a doctor...

Dont know why you would bother though

11. Doctors cannot get you in trouble if you are over the age of 18, but if you are under, some doctors might tell your parents.

12. because i'm stubborn XD

13. sorry double post just wanna say i might even print out that list just in case my doctor is curious

14. That's soo true.

But, if on the other hand, you are debating marijuana with your doctor, then you may have a chance depending on what your doctor know or thinks. :cool:

15. you havent even been smoking long enough to know about long term effects of weed so you really dont have an argument here. especially when arguing with a doctor who went to school for 8-10 years learning all about health.

I had to do drug counseling when i was 23 cause of probation. I didnt get into the class until 8 months into probation. I had 1 on 1 meetings and we talked about how it affects my life. I told him I havent smoked in 8 months and its not a big deal. I do however like to smoke before bed cause I sleep well and wake up refreshed and ready for work. I also like to smoke when i do anything active because it keeps my mindset just right. he said all of these are valid points and unfortunately for me weed is illegal and that is why I am here. after that 1st meeting we had 5 more and didnt even talk about weed ever again. we just talked about whats going on in the world and how my business is, as well as how to be successful in life. We both fed off each other.

Now if you could have a conversation like this with your doctor than you would get proper feedback. But something tells me a 19 y/o kid wants to prove he is right to a 60 y/o doctor who has way more life experience than you probly will ever have.

16. Is this some kind of a troll that i cant comprehend???

17. probably doesn't help that I said i'm stubborn already but I do see you what you're saying and no i'm not just arguing like i'm some dumb kid that can't take being wrong and acts like a knowitall. I just would like to be able to say i'm not doing it out of an addiction or stupidity. Plus, if i can change a person's opinion on weed and its medical uses too (helps a good amount with ADHD) then thats great. i like to try and get people to support its usage. I am curious though and have to ask. do you still smoke after your counseling?

18. wow fail double post again sorry guys. no i'm not trolling, i was actually curious as to what they can do. i did know of doctor patient confidentiality for stds, and anything you didn't want repeated, but i was not sure what the circumstances were for illegal drug use.

19. #19 2FootBong, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    very true. i dont see why some people want to try to win every small arguement for marijuana - a healthcare professional isnt changing his views on it. i dont go to a doctor right now but when i start again im gona tell him i smoke, i dont give a fuck if he likes it or not, hes not my mom. and i think u guys r underestimating docs first hand experiences. first of all, doctors love drugs. in england apparently 13% have done hard drugs and 11% are regular weed smokers. second of all, if they have ever done anything related to drugs, theyd notice no one ODs on weed and all emergency room visits are for real drugs. but then again, i could be wrong, my own mother is a doctor and she thinks weed kills brain cells!