Doctor Visit.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Moya, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Hey Guys. So I'm not sure where the appropriate place to post this would be so I just decided to put it in the box. I'm most familiar with the box and the people anyways even though I am new. So the last couple months I have been really depressed. It's gotten to the point where suicide has crossed my mind a couple times. Just a little backstory I have dealt with depression before, by myself. And I have attempted suicide before. There was a time when things were looking up but I have seemed to have slumped back into what I was feeling before. I have been thinking of going to my doctor and talking to him. The only thing is I really, really don't want to go on any fucking happy pills. The only thing that helps me I find is a bowl in the morning or one at night. If my day has been really bad one in the morning and night. I'm afriad if I tell him this he's just going to go Oh here's another stoner trying to get a prescription for medical marijuana. I don't know what to do, if I tell him I'm suicidal can he do anything like put me on a watch or anything? That's the last thing I want. Any advice/ help would be great. Thanks guys and gals.

2. they'll prob prescribe you anti depressants

3. I don't want to take anti depressants. And to be honest if they even offer I'll decline. The thought of anti depressants does not sit well with me. I have my reasons.

4. uh just curious but what are your reasons? im pretty experienced with dealing with depression and i've taken quite a few anti depressants

5. yea he might wanna put you on anti depressants. depending on what the docs views are he may or may not be for mmj. it is a good thing to let him know that it does help, its the only thing that actually helped me and they put me on a bunch of different anti-dprsnts. seriously though just explain everything you can to them about how youre feeling, its the only way they can get the whole picture and not just assume whats going on.

yea odds are if youre actually depressed the doc will see about puttin you on some kinda med for it. if the doc isnt against bud he/she still might wanna see if a med can help, so if you do get put on one try it and see if it helps or not. if not maybe thatll help your mmj cause, as itll look like you are willing to try things besides something federally illegal

6. Are you in a state where MMJ is legal?

7. dude trust me. you do not want to tell your doc it helps you unless you are positive he is ok with mmj. ive done this and all they will say is you are self medicating with drugs and weed can give you mood swings and anxiety and a bunch of bullshit. if you want mmj dont go to your regular doc. go to a clinic. if you really want to cure your depression find a depression medication that works for you. it may take a while because different onces work differently on different people and you usually have to take them for 3-6 weeks to build up enough of a baselin in your system to effect our depression.

8. I have had a bunch of friends and family put on a multitude of different pills and they all changed because of it. They turn into Zombies, their personalities change. Different things, not always for the good. Taking pills to me just dosin't seem right I would rather just have something natural instead of pumping myself full of something I can't even pronounce. Also if I tell the doc I'm suicidal, and I leave the office without accepting his drugs can he like call the cops and put me on a watch or something. I mean I know that there are doctor patient confidentiality rights but I don't know how far they go.

9. Oh and I live in Canada.

10. uh what pills were those people taking that turned them into zombies? i have never experienced this feeling even on extremely high doses of zoloft (150mgs daily for months)

11. i completely get that man. its like they make it so you cant feel anything, sadness or joy.

if you told him that you have very strong feelings of suicide like you are always thinking about it. different ways etc. then they might try to reach someone but i dont think they have any rights too. theyre not gonna lock you up

12. Actually it was zoloft. But like you said different people have different reactions. He said it was like he was numb to everything. He didn't feel happy or sad. He was just kind of there, and he didn't really care about anything anymore.

I know it's just that it's my family doctor so I didn't know if he could contact the rest of my family or not. I live at home still. I just don't want this to get out to anyone y'know?

13. i felt better when i told my parents about my depression and they started treating me super nice just because of it lol

and ya idk dude family docs arent gonna give you pot and medicinal weed is pretty damn expensive. how do you plan of paying for it?

14. I had an anxiety attack\panic attack last year and some stuff came out, but not all of it. After that they were checking on me every hour, being super nice, trying to talk to me 24/7. It drove me nuts and made me feel worse about everything. See the thing is I come from a family who are anything but close. We don't really talk, we don't eat together, we don't even watch tv in the same room usually. So when they made this huge turn around over night it made me freak the fuck out and I sank even lower.

I figure it's worth a shot man. My dad has full coverage in everything and I figure that might cover it. If not, then I would find a way to pay. I have a year left on his coverage now, im eighteen.

15. I had an anxiety attack\panic attack last year and some stuff came out, but not all of it. After that they were checking on me every hour, being super nice, trying to talk to me 24/7. It drove me nuts and made me feel worse about everything. See the thing is I come from a family who are anything but close. We don't really talk, we don't eat together, we don't even watch tv in the same room usually. So when they made this huge turn around over night it made me freak the fuck out and I sank even lower.

I figure it's worth a shot man. My dad has full coverage in everything and I figure that might cover it. If not, then I would find a way to pay. I have a year left on his coverage now, im eighteen.

16. ya dude mmj isnt covered my any insuance in america idk about canada

is weed the only thing you self medicate with

17. Yes. And in Canada I'm pretty sure it is because a friend I know had it covered for a couple reasons.

18. well just so you know your dad is gonna find out about those doctor visits and prescriptions. medical insurance has a paper trail that could encircle the earth

19. also check out st johns wort

20. quoted for truth. i'm a college student and under my mother's insurance. she receives a letter from the insurance company every time i go to the doctor for something. she's also able to find out about all of my prescriptions. she was quick to point this out after i got out of rehab. (my lower back is messed up so it is VERY easy for me to get pain killers)