Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Doctor blood test.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cenuke, Jan 16, 2010.

1. basically just earlier today i was diagnosed with hypertension (140/100) doesnt make sense, last year at a check up mines was always low. got prescribed atenolol. I avoid any stimulative substances including caffeine, soda etc. im like 115 pounds and 5'6 so thats even more weird since im a pretty slim guy. bp is higher than my mom and grandma and theyre both fat.

anyways, my doc asked me if i did drugs i said no. last time i smoked weed was a couple weeks ago (trying to stop for a while) and i ate some xanax bars a couple days ago. thing is if they find out, can they do something about it like negatively? thx

2. Well, you lied about to them, and if they tox-screen your blood and find drugs, they may not keep you as a patient, but they can't tell anyone either. This also depends on you being 18+ and not on your mom and dads medical insurance...;)

Level with the Dr about the pot and stop taking prescription drugs that are not YOURS. Weed won't interact with anything the Dr will want to give you but other drugs can.:smoke:

3. #3 cenuke, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    i see.. im 18 and i dont have insurance, i actually went to a free clinic to get checked out for chest pain n shit and they told me that my bp was dangerously high for a boy my age. the wait was gonna be 2 hours till i see the doctor but after they saw it the doc was notified immediately. sucks though..

anyways the xanax i consumed was only like 1mg, i didnt even feel anything to be honest i was gonna take more but i changed my mind. i hope they dont think im an abuser cause i only ate a small amount.
    and for the weed, i have a recommendation for it. i know in LA recommendations are kind of an easy thing to get but if they were to find out i lied and i showed them my rec, u think they would let me off. cause i was just scared thats the only reason i lied.

4. What are you afraid theyre going to do? They cant turn you into the police. And its highly doubtful that theyll refuse you service or HBP meds (im not sure but i dont believe they have any value to a junkie).

In any case they dont have much reason to test for those things.

5. Xanax lowers your blood pressure, so does weed so they are not an issue. The doc would be interested if you did crack, cocaine, meth, steroids....
    You're going to need a more advanced work up to check kidney function, etc.

Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)

6. ^^^ Listen to her, she is wise.

And has a great Avatar

7. Just wanted to chime in with the fact that it's imperative that you always be 100% honest your doctor. They won't hold it against you. Their they to help people get better.

I hope you feel better and hope your eating very well, I cannot stress how much a healthy diet helps heal.

:wave:

8. #8 cenuke, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    well i have been eating pretty shitty, and alot too.. ive always been made fun of about how skinny i am all my life and ppl tell me to eat more. well i used to consume like 2 double cheese burgers a day after school and i still eat like a few steaks here and there every couple days mega meat eater but im not getting any fatter, if anything im prob fucking up my arteries more. if i were not to eat meat tho man id be meth addict looking skinny.

thx thareadhead, thats good to know. never done any stimulant drug in my life except caffeine but i wouldnt really call that a drug. thought about ecstasy but i dont think its a good idea anymore hahha

9. Do you ever have soaking sweats with mild to moderate activity? Anxiety?:confused:

10. They want a blood test to get a better picture of what is going wrong with you. I have never heard of a doctor blood testing someone to see if they do drugs. A doctor can tell a lot about your overall health by analyzing your blood. Don't stress if they want blood dude, it's not like a job or prison type thing. I know how it is when you are young, but they want to help you, not get you in trouble.

11. ya, this is your Dr and he/she can't disclose anything, but needs to know some things to treat you right...nothing to sweat over...:wave: