Do your plants fall over when budding?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tibberous, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Just wonder, do your plants grow straight up when flowering, and if not, do you stake / tie them?

2. Sometimes plants can hold the weight, sometimes they can't. Problem is you never know for sure until it's too late. I used to stake them, but that can be a pain, and plus I worry that it may harm the roots. So on this grow, I set this up. :)

[​IMG]

3. The day I switch to 12/12 I drill holes in pot and tie all branches over slightly, by the time the stretch period is over they thicken up a lot and are a lot more woody in my opinion, that and constant wind make me feel safe they would hold up anything but I steak them anyways around week 4-5 at witch time I remove my ties,

image-3804045559.jpg

Not shure if you'll ba able to see my little tie

4. I`ve had some sativas outdoor last year that needed to be tied up to some long bamboo stakes because the branches were getting to heavy.

5. We stake them but if we have a lanky girl she gets strapped against the wall for the ride. ;)

6. Ah no comment.:eek:

7. They sell this cheap plastic net at the hydro shops so there is no need for any complicated setup.
    I'm proud to say my buds never stay up on there own. They are much too big and heavy. I use two nets. I lay one on when I start flowering and then another when the plant starts to stretch in the middle of the flowering cycle. You don't have to secure the nets that much since the plants just hold each other up and they just grown into the plastic net.

8. Mine did.....until I went organic. My shears have trouble with these stems!

Boro

9. Dyna grow pro-tect will give your plant the strength that it needs to be able to hold its own weight. That is if everything else with your grow is dialed in. It is an organic silicon. Most grows that ive seen that are hydto have more brittle stems than organic. The tip fron above about tying them doen is correct as well.

10. I use bamboo stakes. without them my girls collapses under their own weight. i would use a net but i harvest plants every few weeks and grow alot of different strains so plant height differs.

11. It helps (protekt) but it wont hold up my girls in the final 3-4 weeks. :smoke: and thats a good thing.

12. I am looking for good ideas to individually stake, I currently use 6' bamboo Depot stakes but kind of a pain only using one to hold up FIMd monsters.

I move plants around in flower room so a screen out of the question. Any bright ideas or systems out there? Search feature makes for a lot of reading and not much focused responses.

13. I saw in G45's thread where he made an individual screen for each plant, then staked the screen to the sides of the container. That way he could move them around individually.

14. Thanks Irie67, I went and looked at G45's system and those are too big for my application. I may just but a cross pole on the top portion of the stake and hang chicken wire cage from that and tie upermost cola's directly to the cross pole.

15. #15 1badbruce, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012

I started using DynaGrow and I stopped having problems with my plants falling over.
    But I've yet to grow a tall sativa.
    1/2 tsp per gal. does it for me.:D

edit: I've used bamboo stakes from HD and they work fine. I tie down the different branches at different intervals to support them where needed. With an eigth inch or so diameter the root damage should be minimal.
    Cheers

16. when the seedlings get to about 3-4 inches tall and then bury them almost to the lowest set of leaves.plant is approx 3/4" tall, out of the soil, ready for any breeze your fan can throw at it.