Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do your parents know you smoke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jerry Garcia, Jan 24, 2006.

1. i'm just wondering how many of your guys' parents know you smoke

2. Mine just recently found out I still did it...
    They thought I had quit for good...psh

3. theyve caught me before but they think ive quit but they're still suspicious of me smoking

4. My dad is dead, but my mom knows I smoke...

They both missed the "hippy years" as they had kids already.

5. They've never caught me smoking (I don't smoke when I'm home) but I'm 99% sure they know. My mom has never come out and said it, but she drops hints about weed all the time.

6. my parents have caught me 3 or 4 times and i still smoke becasue there's no reason not to when i get good grades and shit. i think my mom still has a suspicion of me smoking though

7. no and hopefully they wont find out anytime soon, at least not till im independent

8. My mom used to hate it. But now that Im off of other drugs If I need her to she'll give me a ride AND cash.....Shes the greatest:smoking:

BTW, its a 25 mile drive(yea thats how awsome she is)

9. nah.. not at all. i keep it on the down-low. hahah.
    actually, no.. i don't. i smoke in my room all the time, and then come downstairs and talk to them high as hell. they just don't notice anything.. probably because they're high, too. :eek:)

10. No. They have no idea. My mom was a hippy though, and she gave me a beer on New Year's which was completely unexpected, but she wouldn't like to hear I smoke at all.

11. Both know, and iv smoked with both of them

12. im not sure how my parents wood react my moms been dropping hints that it doesnt matter to her but i woodnt test it out jus for fun and my aunts all told me my dad used to smoke pot wen he was a kid but again not so eagar to confront them about it

13. the parental unit has no clue. my parents are somewhat strict so i keep that shit on the low down. the thought of them finding out is somewhat freightening to me because in their eyes ive always been a good kid, which i am.

14. i have no idea if my mom knows. cuz sometimes she just gives me clues that she knows and that shes ok with it. but u never know/

15. I'm pretty sure my parents know, but the subject has never been opened up in the clear so to speak.

Since I love talking about psychadelics, their history, their biochemistry and effects on human psyche, physiology, and overall spirituality (this area is my absolute LOVE to talk about-ethnobotany) that its hard when the subject of drugs comes up to not spurt out all this info I know. Whenever the subject comes up I'm sad to say I put on the facade of being knowledgable about them but being indifferent to the users and simply saying i'm not a big fan of drugs cuz they sound too intense for me (which is only half true).

My mom tried it in her college years but hides the fact that she liked it (only through my dad do I know that she once did it regularly on a short-term basis (like for a month before she never touched it again)). My parents were very much into the American ideal of the baby boom generation and were heavy cigarette smokers (they quit this also once my sis and I were born). My sister hates pot and doesn't have a clue that I smoke (i'm pretty sure).

Though, until recently, my rents have been suspecting saying shit like "now look, i hope you're not depressed cuz your drinking too much or smoking or what not." They know I smoke cigs but I don't smoke in their presence and they don't bring it up so it's kinda like a silent agreement (not to mention all doctors still say that my physicals show up like i'm a healthy young man that simply needs to exercise a touch more).

The big issue with pot is that my uncle's life became consumed by the underground drug market (the black market). He grows and sells weed on the east coast (other side of america for me) and used to be addicted to cocaine and would try to hit up my dad and other uncles for cash to buy large amounts (he'd get it in the thousands of dollars worth in order to make profit). My dad didn't like that and says that pot ruined his life (though I personally think it was his mentality when he allowed drugs to become all that he was and it's something that I want to steer clear of as I believe that given the right precautions, all drugs can become a harmless frivolity or moreso, a spiritual event in one's life). This is because pot was what came back off the boat after Vietnam. This hurt my dad alot I think because all his friends came back embittered psychiatrically scarred individuals who spent all their time trying to numb their pain through drinking and various drugs. He understood their pain and why the drugs were around, but felt that they should have delt with it psychiatrically. Still, psychiatry wasn't a big thing back in the seventies and when the drug scare tactics of the 1980s hit, my dad and our entire family was hooked, fearing that drug dealers would attempt to sell lsd to us (I was five at the time) in the form of "candy." which come to think of it was so paranoid it was stupid . . .

My dad did say he tried mj once and all it did was make him sleepy (but this was like a hit off of a joint of maui waui) and he says he likes alcohol better cuz it makes him energized (which is the total opposite with me). It sucks a little not being able to get through to him, but I can kinda understand where he's coming from since alot of his views are based on his personal experience with the substance rather than the propaganda, so I'm not very adamant on the whole issue.

one day they'll find out or I'll tell them, depending on the sitch, but it's just better for all of us if I keep it a secret. I've been healthier physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally than I ever have been in my life since I started smoking and I think my parents can notice that cuz they seem to be happier with me lately (always a plus). They don't need the fact that i smoke to drag them down for no good reason. I don't want to hurt them like that, plus they'll misinterpret it as a cry for help, which is SO not the case at all.

16. my dad smokes, my mom doesnt. my dad isnt observant enough to realize it, and my mom has never actually caught me, but i have a feeling she has suspicions. and if they kno, its not like thyre doin anythng about it so i dont care

17. yeah my parents know that i smoke, and they are ok with it. so long as i don't smoke in the house they are fine with me smoking whenever i like. my mom used to smoke weed, and my dad still does smoke weed. i have only smoked with my dad twice, i don't think he likes it thpugh because he feels like he is encouraging it.

18. well ive been caught once and they told me to quit so im not sure they know i still do. my dad sorta drops hints about weed, like ill come home stoned and stuff and try to smell my shirt, and be like are you stoned and ill just be like no. and today i was chillin with a couple of my friends and i got a new bowl i they were checkin it out and some how it got left on my coffee table in my room and my dad came in, lucky the lights were off, and hes just like whats up and then he left. we were playin halo and when we were dont i turned on the light and noticed it was just sitting there, and i dunno if he didnt say anything but man. i kinda think he knows he just doesnt say anything thing or as atleast suspicious. damn i wish he would just come out and talk to me about it and say hes cool with it lol but thats assuming he knows witch im not 100% sure he does so im not gunna confront him about it im just gunna keep BLAZIN :smoke: PEACE

19. My mom lets me smoke. I just go and chill on the porch whenever I feel like it. Its a blessing and a curse.

20. they knew i did, but my mom thinks ive quit and my dad thinks i do it every now and then. im pretty sure u all know the truth, i havent gone a day without MJ for a year straight now (it was every now and then for 5 years, then just about every weekend for a year, now 24/7, 365)