Do your parents know you smoke?What do they say if you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Botanic, Jan 25, 2012.

1. So I was 16 many years ago, smoking it up in my room (looking back at it now I was very disrespectful). My poor mother had to put up with my silly teenage tantrums for I don't know how long. I did not give a shit, but now I would never do something so stupid. So I sat down with my mother when I was 18 and I said, look I don't drink, i'm not going around drunk breaking things and fighting like my friends. I just chill at home with a few joints and relax, what could possibly be wrong with that? From then on she had no problem with it, just goes to show how a simple conversation can work wonders :)

2. "you look scary when you're high"

3. My mom knows I use it medicinally and, as a Physician herself, understands the science behind it and supports my use 100%.

My old man... I love the guy to death, but he's a bit of an old-fashioned, Fox News Neoconservative, so I don't even bother bringing up my use with him.

4. Pretty much my situation here too.

5. Yea our family just pretends it's not happening. Even when it's a lot worse than just a little pot smokin. Even when it gets to the point of immediate need of intervention...a few family members might do something about it, but once it fails we go back to ignoring it.

Someones gonna die because of this, several I expect over the next 10 years simply because the family doesn't want to talk about unpleasant things.

6. Yeah same here

My mom suspects me of it
    And will sometimes run into me blazed and she would look at me making it obvious she knows
    But doesn't say anything
    But at random times shell tell me not to do that
    But I always say okay I wont but Im around her a lot when I'm blazed so Im sure she knows it doesn't affect me in a bad way if that makes sense

My dad on the otherside is super old fashion and doesn't tolerant anything that alters your mind
    But we have a shit ton of beers and bottles

Ignorance and hypocritical at its finest hahaha

7. They do, but they don't do anything about it. My parents were never about discipline, which is weird considering their parents beat them. They'd stand back and tell me how disappointed they are. They keep telling me they want me to quit as well. But that's only because they want me to be successful so I can support them when they're old and frail. HA, fuck that.

8. [quote name='"tjaymadstax"']Yea our family just pretends it's not happening. Even when it's a lot worse than just a little pot smokin. Even when it gets to the point of immediate need of intervention...a few family members might do something about it, but once it fails we go back to ignoring it.

Someones gonna die because of this, several I expect over the next 10 years simply because the family doesn't want to talk about unpleasant things.[/quote]

My friends family was the same

Unmentionables being taken right infront of their own mother haha
    It was chill but it's just problems waiting to burst

9. My mom knows I smoke,she has even smoked with me a few times so she's completely fine with it as long as I'm being responsible.

10. Honestly, that's the best way any parent could go about it.

When I still lived at home with my mother some years back and I was drinking and/or smoking with friends, it was implicitly understood that we surrendered our car keys at the beginning of the night and got them back in the morning.

I'd like to think that most of us within that group, having that sort of venue to exercise our teenage curiosity, turned out much better than the friends we had who spent a great deal of their time sneaking around and having to lie to their parents constantly.

11. yeah my parents know lol. found out once they got a call from the precinct when i was 16. they bugged out. fro years after i had to listen to them describe to me all the 'negative' effects of marijuana and that there are absolutely no benefits and it is basically something the devil would use. lol