Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do your parents know you smoke? What are their opinions?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SmilaxTheMan, Jun 9, 2015.

1. #1 SmilaxTheMan, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    So I told my parents a few weeks back that I'm experimenting with weed. They were very open and ok with it as I knew they would be. My parents have always been very cool, liberal minded people. I have other issues with them, growing up they enabled me and continue to I have a lot of emotional difficulties that I'm overcoming due to being "enmeshed" with them. But they are extremely loving and supportive people. My mother even asked me if I could get her some weed which I thought was laughably funny. I said no because that would just be super awkward, she is interested because she has issues sleeping and also get's depressed and very anxious. Actually I think it could benefit her a LOT as she is always supper supper stressed and worried about everything. But she can get her own weed dispensary card. She also offered to buy me a vaporizer to help with my lungs. That I may take her up on, then pay her back later (can't afford one myself right now).

Have you ever told your parents? What were their reactions if so? Are they cool about it? Perhaps you have even smoked with them, I've heard of people who have (though that would seem odd to me). Perhaps they smoke it themselves?

2. my parents are fine with it. i used to see what kind of messed up stuff i could tell them that would get them mad at me, like making up that i let the air out of someone's tires or something. didn't have much success. 

but your mom carried your lazy butt around for 9 months and then experienced the pain of childbirth and you can't even give her the weed hookup? i'd buy weed for my mom any day if she asked...

3. Shit I learned everything I know from my folks

4. They do now. It was the typical 'we both know but pretend we don't know scenario.' Eventually, as my quantities increased, it became so obvious as I stumbled around red eyed, hysterical and hungry. It was so absurd to be SO high and pretend to be a normal sober boy. It just added to the hilariousness of the moment.

The moment I broke the silence was in Amsterdam with my mother. A very suitable place to confess to my sins. haha

Seriously though I recomend to anyone who's thinking of telling someone to print off a HUGE page of medical benefits from marijuana. I think a user named StormCrow had an excellent one. And take no shit!
    "How dare you, someone who smokes cigerettes and drinks alcohol, comdemn me for loving nature. Shame on you!"
    Or something a little softer...

Anyways your mum sounds cool. It would be a very awkward toke however.

Au reviour
    - Maleficus

5. They know. Mom is fine with it, Dad chooses ignorance.

When I was a teenager, I totally thought I was getting away with it. Never smoked at home, I'd smoke with friends and then cover myself in perfumey shit before going home. 

Mom knew, the entire time. 

All ya'll teenagers who think you're getting away with it... if your parents have ever even smelled weed, they know. :p 

6. My dad has smoked his whole life. When I was a kid my parents hated it. I started at 13 but by the time I was 16 my dad took me for a drive and we smoked a joint together. I now smoke with my whole family except my mom but she's okay with it.

We're all way closer than we were before smoking together and we owe it all to weed. :bongin:

7. Always.. My mom could tell by my eyelids lol.

She said "I know everytime you come home high!"

Me "Oh yeah, how often?!?"

Her "Everyday!"

[​IMG]

8. Dad hates it, mom blazes down with me

9. Mom is what I call a traditionalist and is not okay with it, but accepts it. If I bring something 420 related up, she rolls her eyes.

My dad on the other hand... We burn together on the daily.

I wonder why they divorced ^.^

10. Damn bruh buy your ma some weed.  Fuck all this 'awkward' business.  You supposed to look out for your moms man

11. I told my parents a while back they weren't exactly thrilled that i toked but they weren't mad.  Now-a-days I openly talk to them about anything, informing them on recent marijuana law changes and what not.  Both my parents don't smoke but i can smoke around them.  My mom often checks out my glass collection and is surprised by how it functions, she was a teen in the late 70s early 80s.  Matter of fact she bought me a shirt yesterday with a pot leaf on it.

Much easier not lying to them thats for sure.

12. #12 Reo, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    Both do.

My dad is fine with it. And has done it since his teens, even with a couple grows in the mix... But as long as I dont do stupid shit like being in public with a bong whislt smoking. And only smoke in certain parts of the house.

my mom knows, but is a bitch about it. She has stopped running to the cops and crying my kid has pot. And now just takes any paraphernalia she see or finds (ex, lighters, bowls, papers,). But if she smells it or finds the green it disappears and she puts on a big dramatic read my mind thing of bullshit. (Like cunts usually do). And kicks me out of the house until I apologize.

Then every aliment I have is twisted to be pot related. Even if it isn't. But "its my falt".

So ya two opposites one who makes life hell and the other is relax about it

13. My parents are fine with it, mom is a little more hesitant but she doesn't seem to mind too much. Dad is totally ok with it, he smokes every now and then and I even hook him up with a little bit once and a while!

14. yup, they werent into it initially but they got over it. My mom actually tried some non smoke MMJ stuff like tinctures and edibles which is nice that she was open minded enough to try it. She likes it but doesn't want to do it regularly. Still...its a weight off my back when it comes to that.

15. I've never told my dad I smoke weed, but ever since I started smoking he's found pop cans I smoked out of (ew,) pipes, weed, etc. and walked in to the house smelling like straight up dank. He has taken the weed and the pipes, but never really cared. He smoked all the weed he took. For my graduation open house last weekend, he let me have a huge party at my house and he was there. He was right there while I hit the bong, and also saw me smoking a bowl. So, I assume he just doesn't care. 

16. #16 SmilaxTheMan, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    For those asking why I don't buy my mom some weed when she asked. It's complicated and she understands. I was enabled by them most of my life and continue to be though I'm trying to separate myself and set boundaries slowly. Unless you have lived in an enabling, co-dependant and suffocating family environment it's hard to explain. Both my parents love me to death, and nearly smother me to death, they would breath for me if I let them, and I love them too. I'm 33 though and only starting to grow up now like an adult child. It's an odd relationship, not your typical family one and not always the healthiest. In other words, it's complicated, I don't expect many to understand, and I don't not buy the weed for her out of resentment or anger, but to keep healthy boundaries that I've worked to set up.

17. My dad never cared, being a closet smoker himself.
    When he caught me smoking as a teenager he'd laugh.

My mom, was persistent in her ways to stop me from smoking.
    When she saw that it greatly helped my social anxiety, focus issues, and mood swings, she left me alone, other than how much it costs.

Now, she jokes about it and has no negative view about it. She doesn't smoke, but took some cookies for arthritis, which she claims never came back.

18. I am in my forties and my parents are in their seventies and could care les if I smoke. My dad is retired military and while he was off killing in Vietnam my mom was a pot smoking hippy. My mom used to hide her bong in the living right on the table and she would just put flowers like roses in it and use it as a vase. My mom and I are the only cigarette smokers but the only time she lights up a smoke is once or twice a week when I am there. I will put a joint in her pack of smokes once a week just so she can kick back and relax. It is funny though she never mentions it and neither do I every once in awhile though she will say thanks. So you better be hooking your moms man just to let her know how much you love her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Well... To be blunt my mother hated/hates the fact that I toke, you should have seen her dace when I told her I was growing. Problem is she thinks it'll lead down a bad path, and that I become lazy and careless.... Careless maybe to an extent, but running is my favorite pass time when I'm high =P. Worst of all is she could benefit more from weed, then I ever could >.<

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

20. I lived with my Grand parents and interacted with my mother on a semi weekly basis. My grandfather figured it out on his own and he just told me i reek of weed one day don't go past your grandmother like that. He cares for me but does not want to be the kind of person who tell me i could not do anything  i told my mother and she acted ok(tried reverse pcycoligy) but was pissed as she told me later i had quit for awhile for other reasons few months later and when i started agian i just rather not mention so it one less worry for them