Do you want Marijuana legalized or not??? Then all of you have to get organized and vote as a bloc

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeVullion13254, Aug 16, 2013.

1. #1 JoeVullion13254, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Do you want the right to grow your own marijuana for your own use without having to worry about the police busting down your door and throwing you in jail or not?

Do you want to depend on black market criminals to buy marijuana or do you want a safe legal market where you can buy marijuana like alcohol?
    Do you want the right to possess marijuana without fines, jail, forced treatment and your marijuana confiscated or not?

Do you want workplace drug tests to be fair where they test how impaired you rather than if you smoked marijuana a month ago? 

Apathy is not an answer! All of you have to get organized and join the Marijuana Policy Project and NORML. Theyre the only viable organizations thats fighting for your rights to enjoy marijuana and they need as many members as possible. Its the NRA for Marijuana. You all have to vote in every single election in droves and vote in the primaries! Federal State and local. Make sure you contact your representatives on all levels of government. Dont vote for anyone until theyre with you on the marijuana issue. Be constantly alert about whats going on with marijuana in the political arena. If a newspaper or online news article says something false about marijuana, tell them about it. If anyone tries to donate money to fight against your marijuana rights, then boycott them. If a marijuana bill is introduced, email your representative to vote for it.

Theres people out there pushing to rollback all the progress made over the last 20 years. You have to let them know that there is a large grassroots network of marijuana supporters and it isnt just a handful of billionaires pushing for this. The ONLY way Marijuana will be legalized in more states and at the federal level is if all of you get organized and vote as a bloc for marijuana just like the NRA members do for their gun rights. Theres 30 million marijuana smokers in the US. If just 10% of them did all of this, then it wouldnt be long before marijuana is legal. You cannot be so dependent on the sympathy of the general public who doesnt use marijuana.  

For example, 90% of Americans strongly support stringer gun control and background checks. But with the passion of the NRA members desperate to protect their gun rights, gun control has been stopped dead in its tracks. 

Theres not a single president, former president, vice president, senator, or governor that supports marijuana legalization despite 52% of Americans currently supporting it. If you want marijuana legalized, then you have to make this a single issue vote. Show them how powerful of a voting bloc you are.

Anyone who smokes marijuana, likes it, and wants it legal but doesnt follow all these instructions is at fault for marijuana not becoming legal. 

2. #3 Serenity, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    The majority wants it legal. Voting isn't the issue for the most part. It's because those against it, for whatever reason I don't care about, have the money to keep it illegal. And no one wants to drop the cash for it to be legal. Fight fire with fire is the only way to win it. Stop waiting decades and decades with stupid voting and bill that do fuck all. 

3. And stop perpetuating the stereotype of the burnout dumb-ass stoner. Speak intelligently.

4. #5 JoeVullion13254, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    thats NOT TRUE! Theres a difference between those who are against marijuana and single issue anti marijuana voters. Single issue anti marijuana voters are voters who will sacrifice every other issue just to stop marijuana from being legalized! I doubt theres that many of them. There arent that many single issue anti marijuana voters. All of you need to become single issue pro marijuana voters. Thats what will help change some elections. 

Theres power in numbers. 

You'd think that. But there really aren't. The general population isn't going out of their way to keep cannabis illegal as much as you think. Petty issues like gay marriage maybe. But not pot. 

6. If the majority wants it legal, then you have to let the politicians know that. They still think were in the 80s at the height of the anti drug movement!

Seriously. Stop with the bullshit. NO, they don't. You're making this out to be something it isn't. It has never been about the drug itself, and never will be. People want it legal. Every politician knows that. They also know that isn't the only and most important issue(fact). If you think you are going to change any world issues though the click of your mouse, think again. Get rich and famous. Put millions, and billions of dollars towards lobbying for legal cannabis, and it will be legal.  But the only people that fixate over this issue so much are people like you, enlightened poor nothings behind a keyboard. If I had millions to blow on b.s yeah I would. But I've got fifteen bucks to my name and staying alive and relevant in the next few years is more important. 

8. Politicians are more than aware what the people want. They have polls and stats and numbers. They see the rallys and protests and they know how many people (smokers and non smokers alike) believe it should be legal. The war on drugs is about power and control.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Pretty sure the dispensary raids have shown that the government doesnt give a fuck about the will of the people. Oh, you voted for legalization? yeah we don't care, we'll still raid you and hide behind "fed law".

10. They have polls and stats and numbers. [​IMG]

11. Im all for it being legal, but then all of our dealers would suddenly have to compete with every local merchant that decides to offer cannabis.... Would definatly hurt full time dealers financially, but imo if weed were legal, that would hurt the mexican cartel more than any action our goverment has taken in the past.

12. All single issue voters are stupid. Single issue voting for something as petty as marijuana laws is even stupider.

There are much bigger issues than weed man. Like how Obama is fucking out relations with countries like Egypt and Russia and how our economy is a house of cards which is held up only because we pump 700 billion a year into it with bond buying.

Ben bernanke said the fed would just start to slow bond buying and the stock market started to crumble to pieces.

I'm not stupid enough to give a fuck about marijuana laws when my future is currently at risk of being extremely shitty due to stupid politicians.