Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you usually take a lot of hits when you smoke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barcelona420, Feb 21, 2009.

1. It doesn't matter how much or how little one smokes; what's important is that person enjoys it. I can remember a time when there were far fewer haters among stoners. We all love the same plant and we should be more tolerant of our differences in desire and ability as to how and how much/often we smoke it.

2. lol 15 bowls. impressive.:rolleyes:

3. I feel you on the Vapor Genie man.
    I am able to take about 5 hits off my lovely Vapor Genie and I will be set for the session when I'm vaping by myself. I enjoy getting higher with the VG because its unlike any other high you can get. Plus I use about .1 gram of weed in the VG bowl and I Blastoff. But when I smoke with friends its usually with a Bong, Pipe, Bowl, or a Gravity Bong. I love the bong because its like the Best Smoking Device. I can take about 4-5 hits off it and I good. Pipes are really really smooth. I like about 5-6 hits off a pipe. (Cornering of course). Bowls are too weak for me. (I'm not hating but I just don't enjoy it.)
    And a Gravity Bong is just crazy for weed. It gets you fucked up. 1 hit is perfect for me.

4. i find that the more i smoke in one session, the more fucked up i get...but the more sessions per day i smoke, the more chill i am.

I don't really know how to explain it, but by the 3rd time smoking in a day i dont get any paranoia and i feel almost normal, except i'm high.

I'd rather split a joint with a friend a couple times a day and whip out the bong on the weekend and just get ultra retarded

5. I just train myself not to stop, honestly. "You're not high enough yet" is a statement that frequently flies around or circle. Whenever I think I'm hungry, hit. Whenever I need some water, hit.

Lol, I haven't been just "stoned" in a while.

6. ya knnow, i was at a point when i was younger, probably about 6 years into smoking i started taking it easy, like i would still smoke before i went to work, but i only took a few hits, as opposed to smoking the entire bowl.

i normally always smoke a bowl atleast now, unless im low, then i try to take a hit or 2, i know its all i need, but i always over do it

7. Wow. Can I be all cool like you and your friends too? :rolleyes:

8. i take a lot of hits when i smoke

9. I just have a few large "snappers" till im satisfied. :smoking:

10. In all honesty it depends on the strain of weed and what method of smoking you are using. It feels to me as if I'm smoking joints/blunts I only get high to a certain extent while spoons/bongs/vapes can take me higher. Also, it depends on the properties of the strain. Some strains tend to build a tolerance faster than others, some have a higher ceiling than others. I was smoking some Bubblegum for a while, built up a tolerance to it within a couple of months. Whereas if I was smoking some White Widow, it would take much longer to build a tolerance to it(Which is why people who grow it keep growing it).

11. I take as many as i feel like smoking at the time

12. Best answer in the thread. You won the Internet!

13. Not a single person has mentioned actually HOLDING the hits you take. If you are smoking your buds like a cig, you're not getting the most out of it. Every hit I take, I hold for at least 5-Mississippi. Personally, 2 big rips off a pipe or one bong hit will set me up for a good hour.

14. Except 90% of THC is absorbed instantly by your lungs upon inhale, so keeping in smoke longer only allows the other carcinogens to be absorbed more.

15. Experience dictates otherwise. Where did you get your fact from? THC somehow absorbs faster than "the other carcinogens"?

16. First couple hits are what count for me. Thats what gets you from being sober to stoned.Once your smoking like 3 blunts with in an hour or shit loads of bowls it becomes different, but I dont really "geek" ever.Personally I like to pack a 4 hit bowl in my vaporizer and then turn it off. I get a good buzz, and its not much different then a 20 hitter bowl.

17. It all depends on:
    How many hits you take
    How potent the bud is
    What piece you are using
    how big the hits are

with bad weed, after a certain amount, you cant really get higher (in my opinion)
    with really good weed, you can keep smoking and keep getting higher every hit you take.
    5 nice bong rips will fuck you up more than 10 out of a pipe

When i am havin a nice smoke sesh with friends from a pipe, or anything that is not a bong, we will get from 10-30 hits each, depending on how long we want to smoke for, but when i sat there for 10 mins and took 5 bong rips out of my buddys roor, i got 10 times higher.

it all just depends

(all is my opinion)

18. Bongs do get you super fucked up. But I like the vaporizer best :hello:

19. Over 18 years of toking, it still seems that if you have the patience to wait, will get you baked off one good hit. I can get super whacked off a single knifer. Lately, I am vaping with bags and I get quite a few draws off a bag. When toking with other people, multiple hits are part of the social circle. I don't think it's totally necessary if you are trying to conserve material or conserve lungs.

20. haha o man, i wanna be a lobster