Do you use Seaweed or Kelp Extract???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by piper32, Mar 29, 2010.

1. #21 Sativanya, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    I use Power Thrive in all stages and it worked for me. All the way up to the final flush I used it, I do decrease the amount tho.

2. Kelp meal tea is probably the most viable form of seaweed products. The specific source for the DTE product is Acadian Seaplants in Nova Scotia. The only major processor of kelp in North America - by far.

Much of the seaweed extracts used in grow store products is a product from South Africa called KELPAK that is processed using a mechanical method resulting in a clear liquid.

The price in the US for 1 quart is $15.50 and makes 128 gallons. It's certainly priced correctly. To say the least.

LD

3. Is it good for the Kelp Extract to contain "high levels of auxins, hormones, PGRs, microbial colonies, etc?" All this comes out in the cold (??water??) extraction Vs. chemical/alkaloid extraction resulting more of a pure....correct?

4. I use Super Thrive as of right now and am researching into GET. Their website is awesome so far. Gonna see if my ST has kelp in it. If not I'm switching to PT to compare.

Anyone out there have SuperThrive Vs Power Thrive experience??

BTW WTF strain are you growing and how long do you veg. Soil or Hydro, thanks.

5. Piper I just started using Kelp myself. Have you personally noticed the improvement in growth since you have begun. How often do you water w/ it? I use it 1/3 watering and a capful per gal. Thanks!

6. That picture is so photoshop it is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

7. ouch here we go

8. I have used it a few times in my DWC system but it seemed to have really softened the stems so I no longer use it. Has anyone else had this same issue with it or is it just me???

9. I dunno man, I was thinking the same thing but the shadows seem to be on.

10. I orginally voted that I did not use Kelp.

WELLLL

I DO NOW! So keep that in mind when looking at those stats, lol.

KELP FTW! :hello:

11. Im thinking about adding kelp to my grow. Does it work well in DWC units? I noticed someone had some problems and was wondering if this is consistent with other people experiences using kelp products in DWC. If anyone does use a kelp product with success in DWC could you please provide the specific product name?

12. according to their website, this company harvests and processes their own kelp in Maine, USA

North American Kelp

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seaweed emulsion is golden. Reduces transplant shock for all stages of the plant. There are the 6 nutrient I use plus Pro-Mix HP soil.

7.4.11 (A & B) HGDi

10.30.20 Jack's Flowering
    00.52.34 Potassium Monophosphate
    00.00.50 Potassium Sulfate

Mychorize mushroom
    Seaweed emulsion

Enjoy!

14. Lumperdawgz is there a website i can get the good stuff your talking about i cant find it anywhere...

15. this general organics is what i use..it was recommended to me over Seaplex ...i also use it in Veg and seems to work well

16. #36 chefyD, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011

Hey LumperD is 1000% correct! The specific source for the DTE product is Acadian Seaplants in

Nova Scotia I just purchased a product from Honeycombs Industries. it is a "food grade" product that is and has more antioxidants than blueberries and or pomegranates. It has potentials and possibilities to change your health in just weeks! (arteries, brain tissue, sleep habits, intellectual awareness and lots more)

I have just feed my babies with this mirical suppliment and in just 2 days it is as if it took some sort of steroid. In addition it also works as a seed germ, a cloning liquid, and through ALL phases of growth! Especially veg, but mostly during flower to produce big, fat, juicy, sweet budnatiousness!

It is working for Me....please do not hold me responsible if not applied as directed...(PS) Amazon shipped it in 2 days. Next time I will order a quart, or a Gallon, it has an indefinite shelf, also is concentrated to increase it's liquid volume :wave:good luck growing

17. I am using the same stuff.

18. Doesn't take much huh?

I think I have a lifetime supply.

19. can you delve into why and when you use the different kelps (during flower)and the positive effect they have during the flowering stage. Do you ever use fish during flower??ever??

thanks in advance:wave: